Willy Nillies J3 Cub 250 Build Along

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Welcome to the fun! Let us know of questions as they come up - since this is a Beta kit there are potentially wrinkles to iron out, but so far mine is going together very nicely.

awoehler

Hopefully after the weekend. FIrst I had to portable flat clean spot since I'm having a hard time finding a good place to work. Used 2 sheets of foam board to make a flat tray to work in. Usually my two little ones consume my time outside of works so it's going to be a slow process.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Hopefully after the weekend. FIrst I had to portable flat clean spot since I'm having a hard time finding a good place to work. Used 2 sheets of foam board to make a flat tray to work in. Usually my two little ones consume my time outside of works so it's going to be a slow process.

Children's NyQuil, a builder's friend.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

Yeah, juggling workspace and kids makes building more challenging for sure. I wasn't able to get much of anything built till my little one hit middle school age.

Children's NyQuil, a builder's friend.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's so wrong.
But.... :ROFLMAO:

awoehler

As my little ones get older they will definitely be included in what I do and currently are as much as possible. I have great memories of growing up doing construction work with my father. At 2 & 4 a balsa build is a little bit much for the 2 year old since he is full of fun. The 4 year old could help since he is vary careful most of the time.

I was able to carve out a little time last night and got some of the parts cut out and test fit. Seems like there are a lot of spare parts. ;) Guess I'm going to need to study the images on their web site and elsewhere a lot more.

Part 1 Time lapse

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Of the three choices the Hurc 180 would work best with 5x3 prop. A 350mah 2s battery and you will have a real floater.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com