Willy Nillies J3 Cub Balsa Build Along

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Hey Jeff!

Check your email! Your coupon credit has been issued as promised!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Well, no sense in postponing the inevitable, so I used the code to order more kits I really don't need! :) As listed on the order, ship complete whenever the P-51 and Eagle 250 beta kits are ready, I'm not in a rush for those or the Super Spot 250.

ACE62

Joker35150, It appears that you are using a set of build instructions in your videos. My kit just arrived, however, there were no build instructions included. Thank you for your help.

Greg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
For better or worse it makes sense for WN to not print them, but instead make instructions available online. It costs less to make the kits and many of the kits are assembled in very much the same way so they don't have to product multiple sets of instructions. The instructions can also be updated immediately when needed so you can always download the latest copy.

For the Cub you can find the patterns sheet here: https://willynillies.com/downloads

The step-by-step instructions are on RC Groups, post #1 and #2: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3384735-Willy-Nillies-Basic-Assembly-Instructions

I also printed some pictures of the Cub WN made which showed a lot of the interior construction and just copied that. I think those are on the Build Along thread here on the Flite Test forum. If I had it to do over again I would make a step-by-step specific to building the Cub as it would be a good resource for others.

Dazzy

Well, the kit arrived today so I may as well get cracking on it! I finished building my buddy's Slick and cleared my Citabria re-build off the table for a couple days, so the attention now is on the Build Along.

This kit is in it's beta phase, and so far it's not been too difficult without instructions. I did print the basic step-by-step from the Willy Nillies website, but the design of the Cub is a bit different as it uses stringers top & bottom instead of sheeting. I also had to do a little head-scratching to figure out the battery box door and some details regarding joining the wings. It looks like there is supposed to be sheeting for the top & bottom of the wings, but there was none with the kit so I'll use sheet from my own stash to make it work.

I do like how easily the wings go together, although it would be easy to build a little twist into them if the builder isn't careful.

Last, instead of taking tons of pics and blah, blah, blahing about each one I'm going to play with my GoPro instead and do a time lapse. Here's Part 1:

Thanks @Joker 53150 for creating the video, this is exactly what I need. Ordering from @Willy Nillies later today ( my time cos Im in oz )