Windrider Hawker Hurricane Build.

TLMARK

I have had this Kit for sometime and I had to modify it some to convert it from MkIIc in to a MKIa (remove the 4 cannons and make 8 .303 machine guns)

I filled the cutouts in the leading edge and cut off the cannon breach bulges and sanded them down.
f6aacc30.jpg

ffda8212.jpg

303_001.jpg

I decided to maiden her in a unpainted form, just to be on the safe side (made that mistake before).

ff6ed9b8.jpg

TLMARK

And the last ones ;)

Complete_017.jpg

Complete_018.jpg

Complete_019.jpg

Complete_020.jpg

A big thank you to Ming (windrider) for making the kit and also to Callie at Callies Graphics for the decals.

teflyer

Full Circle
Wow! That looks so so awesome! Wow, wow, wow! so realistic! And I love the pictures of the hurricane with the cloudy sky in the background. It just looks so cool!

WarbirdFan66

Very nice job, i love what you did with your Hurricane, excellent work man (and the whole thing in my favorite colorscheme)...i hope she flys as good as she looks. Love all the little details...by the way did you use the retracts that came with the plane or did you change it?...anyway outstanding work...i hope you dont mind if i borrow one or two of your ideas :D

TLMARK

Of course not.:cool:
I did use the stock retracts but some eflite ones would be better as they have sprung legs to help take the flexing on bumpy strips.

The windrider Hurricane is the best flying warbird I have ever owned:D

jd7792

Not only a very nice build but extremely effective photos to boot!
I am very envious! Keep it up for our sake if not your own.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
No, I don't believe you. Those are photos taken of a full-scale aircraft!

Just Kidding, your work is astounding! They are amazingly detailed!

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Awesome. Inspiring. Brilliant.

Those in flight photos are fantastic!

Congratulations.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The Camera is a old Nikon DSLR D50 and a 300mm lens my good lady takes them for me ;-)

Thanks! Please tell her she is very skilled :p

I'll eventually need a good camera for Aerial Photography, so I'm looking into various options - but $$$ is limited so no DSLRs :)