• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

windsurfer reflectors?

hey guys, i've been reading about these windsurfer reflector antennae mods and DIY stuff.
Does it really help? Approx how much more range can you get?
And can i build one for my futaba t6k transmitter or do i have to have an external antennae?
thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Why two threads the same question mate?

I am not sure for where you live but in the states enhancing a tx with a higher gain antenna then certified breaks the law governing power as that can boost the signal output but a fair amount.

Also something you may want to think about is that is a very directional antenna. While those type antennas help for receiving signals like a video feed for FPV I would not recommend using a directional signal for aircraft control. It exponentially raises the probability for loss of control.

Why two threads the same question mate?

I am not sure for where you live but in the states enhancing a tx with a higher gain antenna then certified breaks the law governing power as that can boost the signal output but a fair amount.

Also something you may want to think about is that is a very directional antenna. While those type antennas help for receiving signals like a video feed for FPV I would not recommend using a directional signal for aircraft control. It exponentially raises the probability for loss of control.
sorry, thought i put it in the wrong topic, tried to delete but dont think i can.
ok, so a reflector isnt really recommended?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd only do a directional antenna on a system with full diversity and an omni-directional antenna on the other feed. I wish we still had laws here that allowed long distance stuff that would need this kind of setup...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Maybe I misunderstood here. Are we talking about FPV directional receiving antennas or Radio Transmitter directional. For FPV yes directional would be ok but for radio control not so much.