Wing spacers on the FT cruiser

Morgajus

Hello,
I am currently looking at building the FT crusier as my *first* plane. I bought the wrong motors and electronics, so I'm building a big slow flyer to learn on.

Watching the build video, Josh has some wing spacer pieces that he pulls out. I can't find them on the plans, but the wing has a block on the underside's trailing edge. Is this supposed to be chopped off to use as the spacer? I am red-green color blind so I can't tell if the line is red or black and there is noone around for me to ask currently...
Any help would be appreciated!

moret

Looking at the plans and I have watched the build video but have not made the plane, just thinking about it. It looks like on the back of the bottom part of the wing is about an 1/2 inch strip that is cut off and used as a spacer. Another line is on the bottom back of the wing about 1/4 inch from the back (cut line of the spacer). This would be where spacer would glue down. Hope I made that clear. Maybe some who has built one will come on here. The FT cruiser may be a hot first plane

Morgajus

Looking at the plans and I have watched the build video but have not made the plane, just thinking about it. It looks like on the back of the bottom part of the wing is about an 1/2 inch strip that is cut off and used as a spacer. Another line is on the bottom back of the wing about 1/4 inch from the back (cut line of the spacer). This would be where spacer would glue down. Hope I made that clear. Maybe some who has built one will come on here. The FT cruiser may be a hot first plane

Thank you, now i can continue construction.
What do you mean by hot first plane?
Is that good or bad?

moret

Being a twin it may be fast, If this is your first time flying a slow plane gives you more time to react and build up your skill. It is best to learn to fly on a slow easy flying plane then as your skills get better move into faster planes. Also make sure to check your throws (movement of the control surface) and trim the plane. If the throws are to large you end up overcontrolling the plane and never getting into a nice smooth flight. If the plane is trimmed correct it should be able to fly in a straight line without any input from you Hope someone will answer this post that has the plane to answer the level of skill needed to fly this plane

Morgajus

Being a twin it may be fast, If this is your first time flying a slow plane gives you more time to react and build up your skill. It is best to learn to fly on a slow easy flying plane then as your skills get better move into faster planes. Also make sure to check your throws (movement of the control surface) and trim the plane. If the throws are to large you end up overcontrolling the plane and never getting into a nice smooth flight. If the plane is trimmed correct it should be able to fly in a straight line without any input from you Hope someone will answer this post that has the plane to answer the level of skill needed to fly this plane

I chose it because the video said it's pretty slow. Like he designed it to be fast but it didnt work out. It also calls for 9045 slow-fly props (if I remember correctly.) Plus its got optional flaps for slower flight.