Wing

sukhoi69

A few pics of the Depron wing I am building. I am putting a Hyperion Hotliner motor I have laying around in it. Should really get up and go.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 22

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Hey, nice build you got there!

Looks quite like a jet/wing middle thing (rhyme whoooa!!!)

Do you already know which components you´re using and what size the plane got

sukhoi69

Thanks. Wingspan is 82cm. It will be running elevons for control, a Hyperion motor out of a hotliner with an 8x4.5 or a 9x5 prop, 70amp ESC and 3000mah 4s lipo. Hope to get some decent speed out of it.
Cheers

ananas1301

You should get quite a lot of speed out of this! I might even doubt if any foam can resist that speed!
Anyway hope everything goes easy on the built! Especially on thos scratchbuilds you never know whats coming up :D

sukhoi69

The plan I got the idea from is good 120+ mph. I think this is a little lighter built so maybe squeeze a little more speed out of it.
Cheers

ananas1301

The plan I got the idea from is good 120+ mph. I think this is a little lighter built so maybe squeeze a little more speed out of it.
Cheers

Wow that is like about 250 kph?

Thats fricking fast!!!!!!!!!!! You should measure that with GPS or a radar gun and make videos of that.

sukhoi69

Pitty the motor is nearly $100 or I would go for the $100 challenge. Now I am thinking I should come up with something and try it.

sukhoi69

Well the "FLITETEST" was a disaster. I lost elevator control it just wouldn't pull up. I suspect a clevis let go. Well back to the beginning.