Wings - Next generation model simulator

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hey guys. I've been working with a friend for over a year on this project and it's finally at a point where we are ready to share it to the world. I present to you Wings.

Let me know what you think

Dave
Lovely graphics! I expect it will need quite a powerful PC to run it properly.
Did I spot Tokoroa Airfield at 1:04 in this bouncy video :) ?

Last edited:

messyhead

What spec does it need?

I'm work as a software tester, so if you need a tester let me know 😄

My laptop is pretty old though. It can run Phoenix, but nothing more modern.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Very interested! Is it just FPV wings or other planes too?
I LOVE the graphics! I also have a pc to run it too!

clolsonus

Love the volumetric clouds, 3d trees, sunlight slivers from outside cast on the airplanes when they fly through them, really great scenery details (variations in grass). Is there a game engine that does all this, or did you code it all up from scratch with something like openscenegraph? (I'm one of the original flightgear.org developers so I know how hard these things are to do well and it's just all so seamless you'd hardly notice these things until they were taken away.)

eagle4

What spec does it need?

I'm work as a software tester, so if you need a tester let me know 😄

My laptop is pretty old though. It can run Phoenix, but nothing more modern.
We are aiming the game to look as beautiful as possible, unfortunately if you're unable to play anything more modern then your computer may not be powerful enough to play Wings. What are the specs of your computer?

eagle4

Love the volumetric clouds, 3d trees, sunlight slivers from outside cast on the airplanes when they fly through them, really great scenery details (variations in grass). Is there a game engine that does all this, or did you code it all up from scratch with something like openscenegraph? (I'm one of the original flightgear.org developers so I know how hard these things are to do well and it's just all so seamless you'd hardly notice these things until they were taken away.)

The game engine helps with the rendering. We are using Unity to develop this.

eagle4

Very interested! Is it just FPV wings or other planes too?
I LOVE the graphics! I also have a pc to run it too!
We have many planes, not just flying wings. You can fly FPV, LOS or even a chase camera.

Have a look at our second trailer to get a look at some more planes that we have on offer

messyhead

We are aiming the game to look as beautiful as possible, unfortunately if you're unable to play anything more modern then your computer may not be powerful enough to play Wings. What are the specs of your computer?

Things have moved on since I posted this. Working from home meant I needed a new laptop, so I've now got an Asus TUF A17 gaming laptop, and it runs pretty much everything I've tried at almost full settings and decent fps.