Wiring a scratch built twin with external BEC

richb2599

Need a little help with this. My scratch built cessna bobcat twin will have EMAX 2215/9 motors with 2 hobbyking 30 amp blue series esc's and I thought I would add a 10 amp castle BEC . I will be powering 8 - 9gram servos . My question is how to correctly wire this . With the castle bec drawing power from one of the esc's, do I disconnect the red wire from both esc's or just the one that has the bec connected? Hope this makes sense. This build has taken me forever, but I'm getting close to the finish. It will be the classic Songbird from the Sky King TV series.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Need a little help with this. My scratch built cessna bobcat twin will have EMAX 2215/9 motors with 2 hobbyking 30 amp blue series esc's and I thought I would add a 10 amp castle BEC . I will be powering 8 - 9gram servos . My question is how to correctly wire this . With the castle bec drawing power from one of the esc's, do I disconnect the red wire from both esc's or just the one that has the bec connected? Hope this makes sense. This build has taken me forever, but I'm getting close to the finish. It will be the classic Songbird from the Sky King TV series.
The standard approach is to remove all of the red wires, (that go to the Rx) from all ESCs and power the Rx solely from the BEC.
The only other method is to make a separate breakout board to allow for load sharing of the Servos across the BEC and the ESCs but this is normally something that you use only when build HUGE and using very high power servos!

Have fun!