Wishing it was summer rn😭

Randomkid87

20A60504-4CF6-40DC-9C1F-3A6E5CABBAB8.jpeg

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with your sentiment, I to wish it were summer. I have learned to take advantage of this time. It is now building season, at least for those of us in the higher latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere. I use this time to replenish my squadron. I'll build 6-8 planes and have them on the bench. So that when flying season returns, they are waiting to take the innards out of my latest carnage.

Randomkid87

I agree with your sentiment, I to wish it were summer. I have learned to take advantage of this time. It is now building season, at least for those of us in the higher latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere. I use this time to replenish my squadron. I'll build 6-8 planes and have them on the bench. So that when flying season returns, they are waiting to take the innards out of my latest carnage.

I don’t build planes but especially for me as a photographer and videographer it’s hard to get motivated 😕

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It's been "winter" in Southern California recently...with the "bomb cyclone" that hit San Diego, I haven't been out to the field in 2 weeks. I was going to go Thanksgiving morning, but it was MISERABLE (torrential downpour, could barely see 10 feet in front of me while WALKING), and it didn't let up until Saturday, when it was cold, and the road into the field was a soupy, muddy mess.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I did a lot of shoveling this past week. But today I have no where I need to be.

The morning started with 9 holes of VR golf playing Pebble Beach in front of my fireplace, moved on to garlic, scrambled eggs with kielbasa and followed up with the last of the homemade Dutch apple pie.

It's too cold for real work. The house is clean enough and I have time to catch up on FliteTest and maybe work on a little quadcopter while my wife works on a jigsaw puzzle. I think it's a fine day!

My point being that winter is everything we make it. :)

Randomkid87

It's been "winter" in Southern California recently...with the "bomb cyclone" that hit San Diego, I haven't been out to the field in 2 weeks. I was going to go Thanksgiving morning, but it was MISERABLE (torrential downpour, could barely see 10 feet in front of me while WALKING), and it didn't let up until Saturday, when it was cold, and the road into the field was a soupy, muddy mess.

yes here in Tennessee its either cold enough where i dont want to go out or raining

Vimana89

Legendary member
Wind and rain a lot of days here lately in the CA high desert, but today seems good so far...which plane,though...:unsure:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Personally I like the winter, I don't mind the cold too much and I don't get sweaty whenever I go out for a run:LOL: I also get to replenish my fleet like @Merv said, I've got like 3 planes already to maiden that won't go up until spring. The only drawback is I can't fly for as long because my fingers get cold, but I also get to fly off snow, so it evens out.

Randomkid87

Personally I like the winter, I don't mind the cold too much and I don't get sweaty whenever I go out for a run:LOL: I also get to replenish my fleet like @Merv said, I've got like 3 planes already to maiden that won't go up until spring. The only drawback is I can't fly for as long because my fingers get cold, but I also get to fly off snow, so it evens out.

yeah i understand the part about running lol

Randomkid87

you absalutly
I did a lot of shoveling this past week. But today I have no where I need to be.

The morning started with 9 holes of VR golf playing Pebble Beach in front of my fireplace, moved on to garlic, scrambled eggs with kielbasa and followed up with the last of the homemade Dutch apple pie.

It's too cold for real work. The house is clean enough and I have time to catch up on FliteTest and maybe work on a little quadcopter while my wife works on a jigsaw puzzle. I think it's a fine day!

My point being that winter is everything we make it. :)

My point being that winter is everything we make it. so true!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test mate. Was wondering if you were going to post after seeing some of those awesome aerial shots. Im a quad guy.. I feel your pain.

On a bright note its only 18 days to my favorite day of the year!!! winter solstice when the days start getting longer. Thats my method for keeping less depressed in winter. That means two more months I can start bringing my venus fly traps out of hibernation and start checking the weather channel for days over 40 f again.

I got about 8 inches of standing snow left from the round that came day after Thanksgiving with more on the way. I need to order a replacement receiver so I can try and put another fixed wing in the air or at the very least make a foam board FPV snow pod racer.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome to Flite Test mate. Was wondering if you were going to post after seeing some of those awesome aerial shots. Im a quad guy.. I feel your pain.

On a bright note its only 18 days to my favorite day of the year!!! winter solstice when the days start getting longer. Thats my method for keeping less depressed in winter. That means two more months I can start bringing my venus fly traps out of hibernation and start checking the weather channel for days over 40 f again.

I got about 8 inches of standing snow left from the round that came day after Thanksgiving with more on the way. I need to order a replacement receiver so I can try and put another fixed wing in the air or at the very least make a foam board FPV snow pod racer.
Lol - I feel you bud! It's below freezing but not enough snow to fly a float plane. Worst of both worlds... I'm looking forward to summer!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I dont mind the snow mainly because I am not the one that has to shovel it hehe. I do get bored and more depressed over winter though so I set little milestones to get thru it by looking a few weeks forward and not months. I wont fly in under 40 because I am to hard on battery packs and cant afford to replace 4 or 5 every spring. that and not gonna kill my electronics from condensation going from heat to cold.

Bills law dictates my goggle lens explode as well so those DEFINITELY do not go outside in cold or damp.

Randomkid87

Yes more aerial pictures are coming, nice to have a fell quad copper flyer that feels the pain