Wonder if anyone will manage to RC this...

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I've thought the same thing... and it was half the inspiration for the design for the cub day

you can build one from my cub scout thread
or plan index

Tonero311

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I'm guessing that's the dragon one. That's would be amazing. I'm sure you could get RC gear in this not a problem. I've seen your handy work and been impressed often.
A little bit of a bad streak in me though looks at that eagle one and thinks, 'I wonder if I could get other birds to attack it for the craic(fun).'
Yes, from 'How To Train Your Dragon' - I have way too many projects going on at the moment, maybe later. I think it would be good to do it as a pure slope soarer, no prop.

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
Tesco had mini pterodactyl gliders the other day. I thought about RC conversion to one of those, then a few flights over some tourist fossil hunting spots in Lyme Regis.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well, since Professor Falken had a flying RC Pterodactyl in the movie Wargames, with Matthew Broderick (oh geez, the pop culture nerd is strong with me and it's showing right now), I can ABSOLUTELY see someone turning these things into RC versions. :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Well, since Professor Falken had a flying RC Pterodactyl in the movie Wargames, with Matthew Broderick (oh geez, the pop culture nerd is strong with me and it's showing right now), I can ABSOLUTELY see someone turning these things into RC versions. :)
Yes, he did!!!!
How about above game of chess? 😉

Reactions: FDS
M

MCNC

Tesco had mini pterodactyl gliders the other day. I thought about RC conversion to one of those, then a few flights over some tourist fossil hunting spots in Lyme Regis.

I was in Lyme Regis 2 years ago on vacation (holiday), you guys have really cool places to fly and live. That was before I began to get into the hobby and was definitely a fossil searching tourist!