Working canards on ft jets?

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
After I get done building the 3 planes that have been on my to do list for almost a year, I’m thinking about getting an edf fan for either a viggen or x29, both of which have canards. Has anyone ever put a servo in to control the canards? I was thinking you could just cut out a hole for a 9g servo with a double control horn, and glue and reinforce the canard on it, then mix with the elevator and/or ailerons.

L Edge

Master member
Yes, it can be done. If you build the Viggen, just insert each of the servos in the inlet duct. Use at least a 70 12 bladed EDF. An 80 is more impressive.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Yes, it can be done. If you build the Viggen, just insert each of the servos in the inlet duct. Use at least a 70 12 bladed EDF. An 80 is more impressive.
I experimented in RF 9.5s with a roughly 1” surface on the canard mixed with the elevons with 30 degrees of trave. (15 with ele, 30 with ele & ail) It practically gives it trust vectoring. I had to make low rates 50%. I put in a 4s 4000, 70mm 6 blade, as that’s what I would put in it irl. It looks and feels like those f22 demonstration flights on yt! It’s crazy!

L Edge

Master member
I experimented in RF 9.5s with a roughly 1” surface on the canard mixed with the elevons with 30 degrees of trave. (15 with ele, 30 with ele & ail) It practically gives it trust vectoring. I had to make low rates 50%. I put in a 4s 4000, 70mm 6 blade, as that’s what I would put in it irl. It looks and feels like those f22 demonstration flights on yt! It’s crazy!

Here's one better than a F-22. This plane modified flew like it was on CRACK!!!! I like to build things that don't exist.

It has a set of elevrons, two motors that were on the set of elevrons that moved as well as differential speed for rudder, and the canards that also moved as elevons. So when hooked all together on "mode 3", 3 surfaces moved plus rudder if needed, in the same deflections to change direction. It finally self destructed due to the high stresses in the air. There were times I couldn't keep up with it's flight.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Here's one better than a F-22. This plane modified flew like it was on CRACK!!!! I like to build things that don't exist.

It has a set of elevrons, two motors that were on the set of elevrons that moved as well as differential speed for rudder, and the canards that also moved as elevons. So when hooked all together on "mode 3", 3 surfaces moved plus rudder if needed, in the same deflections to change direction. It finally self destructed due to the high stresses in the air. There were times I couldn't keep up with it's flight.

Awesome! That’s sounds fun. I could imagine that those canards added a whole lot with that much throw. And trust vectoring. I bet that thing could enter a loop and come out higher than it went in!

L Edge

Master member
Awesome! That’s sounds fun. I could imagine that those canards added a whole lot with that much throw. And trust vectoring. I bet that thing could enter a loop and come out higher than it went in!

Here's the pic of the canard on the Viggen.
canard.jpg

luvmy40

Elite member
Hello, GreenIsNews

I'm sorry your concern wasn't addressed and you were overcharged. Could you kindly send me a private message with further information so I can check into this? I appreciate you giving this knowledge about forlle d.
I've liked experimenting with all the fresh features and programmes you provide to aid in the expansion of my firm.
Reported