World's Largest Foamy!?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I'm afraid of strangers every time I see your face.

But, nice motor running on Schmirnoff!

But will it run smoother on Absolut Vodka?

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Woah, woah, woah... Hold on just a second. You said something that REALLY concerns me.

"...maybe a pint of Smirnoff..."

Please tell me you aren't talking about Smirnoff Ice. I'll petition to revoke your Man Club membership.

JohnnyV

Applaud your efforts but I think this thing is going to come apart like a beach house in a category 5 hurricane.... But fingers crossed for ya.

Abby Normal

Mentor
Applaud your efforts but I think this thing is going to come apart like a beach house in a category 5 hurricane.... But fingers crossed for ya.

That thought has crossed my mind. I truly realize the limitations of this build and know I've pushed the limits beyond reason. But this plane is being built for a one weekend event. After that weekend no matter the success of it it will become blown attic insulation via a chipper shreader. The build is were the excitment lies and sharing with all of you.

earthsciteach

I think it will hold together just fine. The main component that I'd be worried about is the wing spar. As long as it supports the weight of the plane x a hefty safety factor, you should be fine.

Check this out. The Sky pup is a legit ultralight aircraft using pretty much the same construction methods as you.
http://dodger48.web.officelive.com/fuselage.aspx

Fishbonez

They also thought Pink Floyd would not fly but...
It was an electric and not gas however the size is similar

Abby Normal

Mentor
I think it will hold together just fine. The main component that I'd be worried about is the wing spar. As long as it supports the weight of the plane x a hefty safety factor, you should be fine.

Check this out. The Sky pup is a legit ultralight aircraft using pretty much the same construction methods as you.
http://dodger48.web.officelive.com/fuselage.aspx

Very cool Sky Pup! gotta love the bravery of designing flight machines!

earthsciteach

I'm thinking about building a SkyPup. It has an excellent safety record and was designed by a Cessna engineer.
What is the largest vodka bottle that can be bought? I will need a big one!

earthsciteach

No, the vodka bottle is for the plane. I'd prefer Irish whiskey prior to the maiden. Jameson's or Black Bush will do nicely.

earthsciteach

I thought the very same thing.

I notice that there are a couple of fairly large sized aircraft hanging in your garage. I'm guessing you have quite a lot of experience with these things. But, I am curious, how did the idea for this large Cub come about? You are putting in a lot of time and effort to trash it after only one weekend of flight.