World's Largest Foamy!?

earthsciteach

First you jacked some poor kid's 4 wheeler rims, now there's a neighbor standing in his back yard scratching his head and wondering what happened to his vinyl fence.

Looks great! But be honest... This thing isn't RC, is it? I know you are training a 6 year old on a flight sim at this very moment.

Abby Normal

Mentor
First you jacked some poor kid's 4 wheeler rims, now there's a neighbor standing in his back yard scratching his head and wondering what happened to his vinyl fence.

Looks great! But be honest... This thing isn't RC, is it? I know you are training a 6 year old on a flight sim at this very moment.

Yes, nothing is safe in my neighborhood! Ya my buddie did comment that this thing is big enough to seat a real person (FPV) but he also said if it was going to be him he got to hold the radio! The start of the wings is getting me excited:D We are really having to think thru a lot of possible stresses to make sure we are engineering this thing for success while keeping it as light as possible. We have wieghed nearly every possible material, experimented with all know glues. Craziest thing is that all of this work this plane is being built for only one weekend of flight. After that if still in one piece the plane will be up for grabs or dismantled.

earthsciteach

Abby Normal, I raise a gin & tonic in salute to you! Next, build a single person airplane for under $1000.

Keep the updates coming. I can't wait to see this thing in the air!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This is almost as exciting as Evil Knievel trying to jump over Snake River Canyon long ago!

Thurmond

Abby Normal

Mentor
Alright, let the bidding begin! You guys show up with a big enough trailer, I'll drink your beer with your help and help load it if you got a big enough trailer. Horizontal stab is 80" just for a reference! But I'm keeping the gear/motor for the next bigg'n, But I'm going to build in plenty of hefty bags so they will be at the scene if nessasary! Newton, Ia June 8th and 9th

http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191542#191542

Pilot-294

I have a better idea, we can just pilot it back with a good olde fashion rc car chase, teach and I can take turns driving and flying, either that or fpv from the backseat would be safer haha! We will need a ton of batteries and a ton of liquid encouragement but I think we could happily manage ;)

No risk for 14 year olds, and no need for trailers. Plus who can say no to a road trip?

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Mentor
Batteries? All you need is Gasoilne!
http://www.dle-engines.com/dleg0170.html

All right enough fun already I need to make sure we can make this thing fly. I'm hopeing to get the rest of my cut foams ribs this week so I can build the wings. After that I will be more confident of this build. If they look sucessful then I'm ordering the motor I posted. 70 lbs. of thrust should pull it along :eek:)