Would a Spektrum dx6e be a significant upgrade over the dxs that came with my RTF Apprentice?

thjorth

Hi

My son and I currently practicing on our E-Flite Apprentice. We are doing pretty good and I am gearing up to us trying our first Flite Test build soon. I know I can just get a Spektrum RX and bind it to the transmitter that came with the Apprentice but I am considering upgrading it since I would prefer to be able to store multiple models.

So my question is, would a Spektrum dx6e be a significant upgrade over what we already have? I can feel the gimbals on our current transmitter are not super high quality but I guess that would be the same on the dx6e, right?

I am asking because I have a line on a used one at a good price but I am also considering a Radiomaster TX although I can't find those used here in Denmark, so I would have to buy a new one which is about three times as expensive as the dx6e. Honestly, I am also looking at the super cheap FlySky transmitters but I assume that they are basically crap.

HVB79

The gimbals on a Spektrum Dx6e will be an upgrade over the Spectrum Dxs gimbals.

Don't pass up the good deal on the low priced used DX6e. You can always resell it and recover your money if you decide to get something else later.

nymtber

Radiomaster tx16 would be a better upgrade for about the same money. Hall gimbals, 4 in 1 module will bind with MANY brands of RX. There is a learning curve to opentx/edgetx, but YouTube is full of great tutorials!

If you'll only ever use spektrum, their radios are solid. I just think radiomaster is a more flexible option.

HVB79

I am asking because I have a line on a used one at a good price but I am also considering a Radiomaster TX although I can't find those used here in Denmark, so I would have to buy a new one which is about three times as expensive as the dx6e.

Radiomaster tx16 would be a better upgrade for about the same money.

No it is three times the cost for him. He is getting a smoking hot deal on the dx6e. Equivalent of getting a Dx6e for $70.

luvmy40

Elite member
I have zero complaints with my FlySky FS i6X radio, and the RXs are inexpensive.

I am jonesing for a Radio Master TX16S though.

thjorth

Thanks for the input. I had to put this on hold, unfortunately, as we just got hit with a $550 bill at the vet.

Bricks

Master member
Thanks for the input. I had to put this on hold, unfortunately, as we just got hit with a $550 bill at the vet.

Vets are just like doctors doesn't take long to add up to a bunch of money, hopefully your animal made it thru.