Would anyone be able to help with printing these plans

miraspen

I am trying to print out these plans, and every time i try i get shrunken plans, and cant seem to get them scaled right. Heres a link to the article https://www.flitetest.com/articles/the-sledge-540-extreme-3d-foam-board-design and the plans link is https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_Vajn7eE2YdekhHNjRvUnMzaWc. Any help would be appreciated.

Also i have the ft3d and the ft3d 120% done and like them both but if you have any other 3d plans, please post. im really trying to work on my 3d flying skills.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
What program are you tring to use to print them and are you trying to print them at home as a tiled version?

DamoRC

miraspen

What program are you tring to use to print them and are you trying to print them at home as a tiled version?

DamoRC
yes, ive tried using MS paint, adobe, docuhub a couple other programs to try and convert it from jpg/png to pdf. But, then the picture is small and when i try too scale it up its gets all kinds of out of whack. Usually if plans are not tiled, i just open in adobe and print poster form no troubles.

kilroy07

Legendary member
How soon are you thinking here?...
I have a few projects in the queue, That said...

I can do it (I have a HP designjet 500); I can also just go ahead and lasercut a full kit for you as well (700x500mm, so we will have to get creative with a few pieces.) but that would take a bit longer. It's also a pretty simple design, lots of straight cuts.

Where are you located, have to figure out how to ship it...

miraspen

Im located in 62850, south central IL. just printing would be fine with me, im gonna need to make like 3-4 right off the bat. Just starting out 3d and hoping this will help my hovering skills cause the ft3d is a bit much for me. A local 3d pilot says it could be cause the 3d is small. even the 120% is like 38" WS. the sledge says 48, and i have a motor that i think will do just right.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
yes, ive tried using MS paint, adobe, docuhub a couple other programs to try and convert it from jpg/png to pdf. But, then the picture is small and when i try too scale it up its gets all kinds of out of whack. Usually if plans are not tiled, i just open in adobe and print poster form no troubles.

Yep - I don't think the graphics files scale well when you try to do this. I know @kilroy07 has offered to help print the plans for you but if you want to try printing them yourself using the poster approach you normally use I have attached a fresh PDF version of the plans. Basically I downloaded the plans in sketchup, converted to DXF and then to PDF - this will keep the scale identical to the original model. The text in the image files is not included in the PDF but you could just use the image as a guide.

DamoRC

Attachments

• Sledge+540.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I now see the problem you were having! Sorry for not jumping sooner!

In the future if you wish to import a picture and print it to scale I would suggest that you find a program That allows you to import and draw to scale. There is an add on for MS office but then I use OpenOffice.

I just open a new drawing with a paper size to suit, (A0 or A1 normally). Then import the image. I then draw a horizontal and a vertical scaleing line, (lines of known dimensions in the imported image), and stretch the image vertically and then horizontally until the scale is correct.

Next I protect the image so that no further changes can be made and export the whole image, (as scaled) in PDF format.

Next I just print the created PDF tiled as per normal.

Works every time and it does not take a long time. The actual longest time is locating a horizontal and vertical dimension for the scaling.

Just what works for me!

Have fun!

miraspen

Wow thats alot to understand guys lol. Thanks for converting it. i have added a link in the comments on the original article for future people to find. You guys were quick and very helpful.

Igoo57

You could also import the image into DoubleCAD XT5, scale it there, tile it and export to PDF using PDF architect 5