Help! WS2000 w/DX8e and ReflexXTR2 Sim....not binding

Icedog

So I'm really new to this whole hobby. Built my first plane 4 months ago and just picked up my radio before Christmas (Spektrum DX8e). I built a swappable Spitfire and the local club members suggested a high-wing might be a better learning plane so I'm building one now. I also thought that spending some simulator time would help me get the hang of the controls before crashing my plane so I downloaded ReflexXTR2 and bought the Spektrum WS2000 dongle. Figured getting it to work with the DX8e should be no problem...so far big problem. I have been completely unsuccessful at getting them to bind. Setting up my plane was easy...but not binding to the WS2000. Relflex sees the dongle but the transmitter won't bind. I'm clealy missing something that I haven't been able to find on in internet or in the manual. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

agupt108

So I'm really new to this whole hobby. Built my first plane 4 months ago and just picked up my radio before Christmas (Spektrum DX8e). I built a swappable Spitfire and the local club members suggested a high-wing might be a better learning plane so I'm building one now. I also thought that spending some simulator time would help me get the hang of the controls before crashing my plane so I downloaded ReflexXTR2 and bought the Spektrum WS2000 dongle. Figured getting it to work with the DX8e should be no problem...so far big problem. I have been completely unsuccessful at getting them to bind. Setting up my plane was easy...but not binding to the WS2000. Relflex sees the dongle but the transmitter won't bind. I'm clealy missing something that I haven't been able to find on in internet or in the manual. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
I am also really new, however is the dx8e already binded to another reciever of the spitfire or another plane?

Icedog

I am also really new, however is the dx8e already binded to another reciever of the spitfire or another plane?

Nah...I got it sorted. Turns out I need to bind the receiver to the dongle before I start the flight sim. If I start the flight sim it connects to the dongle and binding is no longer possible.