Wyoming Wind and My Wild Hawk

Fishbonez

Took my wild Hawk out over two days in some windy conditions. Looking for thermals and just seeing if I could stay in them. After getting home I kinda enjoyed the wind noise picked up by the camera. I did add some music by David Gilmore so there may be some folks who can not see it because of dumb copywrite laws but if you cant please let me know and I will try yo post it to Vimeo where I think you can see and hear it.

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I love flying my Hawk in wind! Its a blast. It doesn't thermal great, but slope soars like a beast! With a 2200 mah and a bit of extra weight in the nose, she can handle some stout winds.

JoeyG

Look at that clear blue sky, stunning! looked like a alot of fun, nice one. Is all that land green in the spring?

J.

Fishbonez

Look at that clear blue sky, stunning! looked like a alot of fun, nice one. Is all that land green in the spring?J.

Thanks Joe it was a great couple of days and they sky was perfect and the wind was wacky. Unfortunatly most of the open areas here in Wyoming are used by the ranchers and the only time its green is the spring :D

+1 on the blue sky! Love it great video! Keep up the great work
Thanks ananas one of the cool things about the mid west is the skies and mountain views

Fishbonez

I love flying my Hawk in wind! Its a blast. It doesn't thermal great, but slope soars like a beast! With a 2200 mah and a bit of extra weight in the nose, she can handle some stout winds.

It is a cool plane. Thanks for telling me about it. I have not taken sloap yet but am going to give it a shot in the Spring

earthsciteach

I have access to the wilds of PA, NYC, Washington DC, Baltimore, the mid-Atlantic coast. Whatever peaks your interest, there. Personally, I like fly fishing in the mountains of PA and fly fishing along the mid-Atlantic coast. You can have NYC, Washington DC and Baltimore. If you find yourself back east, ring me up!

Fishbonez

Wyoming Wind 01 Wild Hawk 00

Took the ole Wild Hawk today in winds that were probably to much for it but it was a challenge in fact I had to force it to land because there were times I thought the wings were going to blow off. :cool: Enjoy

Fishbonez

Colorex I could not agree more I was getting sick just trying to land. My wife asked me what I was doing moving around so much trying to get her down LOL

earthsciteach

Awesome! I love flying my Hawk in the wind. She's been grounded for a few weeks since I tea bagged a Sky Surfer and stripped the elevator servo. New servo came today, along with 2 new motors-one for the Hellcat and one for the Spitfire, and a bunch of other RC necessities!

Fishbonez

Gotta love Spring

Well it had been a while since my trusty Wild Hawk was flight worthy. Often thought she might be ready for retirement but after giving her a good hard look over and a few tweeks here and there she was ready to take to the skies again. She does seem to be a bit to nose heavy so we will have to remedy that. There also seemed to be some trouble with the ESC she tended to flutter the motor after 5 min into the flight. Maybe the ESC is not getting cooled enough. She almost crashed but she coasted in nicely. Landed at the base of a pine tree.

Enjoy

or in case you are not in the US

earthsciteach

Nice to see her back in the air! I finally glued my Cub fuselage back together after a month or so of sitting in pieces. I guess you just have to let them ferment for a while, sometimes.

Fishbonez

Yea I think sometimes you have to let them sit so frustration does not get the best of you.

I was just glad to get a little flying in. I reinjured my back on Saturday morning. Was stuck in bed all day Sat and part of Sunday evening

Last edited: