X-29 Build - Swept forward in the fun

skymaster

Elite member
very nice love it. its nice to have some one to compete like both of you are doing makes it more fun. i would suggest that if you can some how if you get the chance to secure that esc if it comes loose and that edf has the same power as mine its going to get messy. if you can secure the wires of the esc so that the esc dont move back towards the fan blades in case it comes loose and ends up in the edf. just as a precaution . have fun

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
very nice love it. its nice to have some one to compete like both of you are doing makes it more fun. i would suggest that if you can some how if you get the chance to secure that esc if it comes loose and that edf has the same power as mine its going to get messy. if you can secure the wires of the esc so that the esc dont move back towards the fan blades in case it comes loose and ends up in the edf. just as a precaution . have fun
I have :) :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Also depending what you have for space for batteries you could make a harness and use 2 3S batteries inline with each other to get 6S . ;)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Thanks will maybe use this to serial two 3S batteries and get a 6S that way I might be able to save some money :).
@mayan Remember though if you have a high powered motor and esc and you have low C rated batteries your max amp draw hasn't changed and you may burn up the batteries. So be careful that way.

Now if you take your planes you have and if they can handle the extra weight you could put 2 in parallel (still 3S or 2S) and double the flight time.

Verris

Maiden on 4s 3600 pack went well. I only had one pack with me, first flight went great and I came down after 3 minutes with 60% left. Tried a second flight and belly flopped but only had a bit of a nose wrinkle. Second throw went better but with 60% left full throttle is barely enough to take off on 4s. Flies great though as my first jet, fsw or edf.

Captain Jay

Elite member
Wing built, getting the outer panels to meet the centre section, not the easiest.
View attachment 136430
Working on the EDF installation, hating the fiddle of the thrust tube, not as easy as Anders makes it look in the video.
Can't mount the EDF until I have extended the battery leads. That will be tomorrow.
One thing I do is when I finish making 1 wing, I take a scrap piece and trace out the wing center on it and save it for later. And usually when I'm ready to make the fuselage side wall the scrap piece comes in handy. Usually a bit smaller than the scrap piece as well. The edf tube, I now make by rolling foam board into a circle and trim to fit. You can use a string to wrap around the Edf to give you the tube size flat... cut a bit bigger just in case and trim to fit...
My 2 cents... cheers

mayan

Legendary member
Maiden on 4s 3600 pack went well. I only had one pack with me, first flight went great and I came down after 3 minutes with 60% left. Tried a second flight and belly flopped but only had a bit of a nose wrinkle. Second throw went better but with 60% left full throttle is barely enough to take off on 4s. Flies great though as my first jet, fsw or edf.
Video please :).

Captain Jay

Elite member
One more quick hint. Please remove all stickers from your EDF motor. If you don't, they will come off inside the plane and rip a round hole off the foam tube you make. That's from experience