X-29 Build - Swept forward in the fun

Verris

20190718_133625.jpg
20190718_133630.jpg
20190718_133648.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Im sure you got this handled. My only question is, this is FSW on a 6s EDF. Is your wing sufficiently reinforced for that sort of power?
Not sure what FSW is but I have added 6mn carbon fiber tubes to the spar to reinforce the wing. I'm not planning on pushing this model into super high G manoeuvres, more into doing high speed passes along the flightline.

L Edge

Master member
Suggest you have someone launch the model for you and remember the faster you go, the less deflection of elevons you need. Have them launch about 10 degrees up. Too steep, and it will roll over.
If you want to see 2 videos with a designed FSW out of wack with CG, i will show you. Then a flight with it proper if you don't beleive me.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Suggest you have someone launch the model for you and remember the faster you go, the less deflection of elevons you need. Have them launch about 10 degrees up. Too steep, and it will roll over.
If you want to see 2 videos with a designed FSW out of wack with CG, i will show you. Then a flight with it proper if you don't beleive me.
I've marked the CofG position and with the battery I've chosen balances it well. At least I don't have the problem of torque roll to deal with :)
Absolutely I will have someone else throw it!!!