X config and The Lazy M4 (on the KK 2.1 and 3.0)

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Firstly, I'm somewhat surprised this issue was not raised by Josh in his multirotor control board programming video. I followed exactly his procedure, only choosing and deviating to an X config of firmware. I'm assuming he never used or experimented with X configuration or he surely would have experienced it and mentioned it.

And that is the "Lazy M4" problem.

The lazy M4, or suppressed M4 channel on the control board appears to be pervasive on all the KK 2.1 and 3.0 boards using X config. Since the craze now is to have cameras and/or FPV, thus using X, I would have thought Flitetest would have caught this snag.

The issue is prevalent. Firmware by pug398 has attempted to address it with several hex files to reduce the severity.

I was getting SO frustrated. . .to the point of thinking my board was dysfunctional and ordering another.

So . . if you find yourself purchasing a KK 2.1 or 3.0 board (possibly other KK Atmega models as well) and choosing X config and your rear right motor is not responding adequately, simply do a search for 'Lazy M4' on RCGROUPS and you'll find a ton of info on how to address it.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Or better yet just get a KK2 and there is no issue at all plus you have a vastly superior controller. ;)

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Or better yet just get a KK2 and there is no issue at all plus you have a vastly superior controller. ;)

Thurmond

Yea. . .I ordered one last night. After seeing THIS . . . and now an even better auto level, it appears the 1.5 firmware almost promises to end the majority of crashes. :cool: