X220s

FDS

Elite member
What battery are you flying it on? Also look at your throttle calibration plus the settings in Betaflight.
Generally Bullnose type props will provide more thrust at the expense of efficiency, more thrust will help hovering.
Also make sure you are out of ground effect, as you won’t get a smooth hover in ground effect.
The props shipped with it are known to be rubbish. Any set of 5040’s will be better. The Gemfan tri blades are good value for money, there’s a couple of different blade profiles at similar prices.

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
That should be enough power, but remember what @ElectriSean said yesterday about weight.
All the info on this quad says the factory props are poor! There’s a ton of mod videos on it, Josh Bardwell has two on his channel that looked good.

bamabuggy

I have two 7.2 volt 2500 was wondering if I hook them together it would be 14.8 volt 5000 would this work with this drone I got them for a cheap drone didn't wast to to wast them

Wildthing

Legendary member
If you do a simple Y connector you would still have 7.2V but 5000mah. You need to make an in line connector for the batteries to double the voltage, you would still be 2500mah though but at 14 volts.

bamabuggy

When test motors in cleanfight miter 3 is running a lot faster then the other 3 when I use the master slider they show be running the same

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
OK red to red black to black right

No, that would be a parallel connection, giving you 5000mAh @ 7.4V

To get a serial connection, you have to connect the red from one to the black of the other, then connect the PDB to the remaining red & black. That is a HUGE amount of battery for a 5" quad, I'd recommend getting some proper 4S 1300's.

When test motors in cleanfight miter 3 is running a lot faster then the other 3 when I use the master slider they show be running the same

What ESC protocol are you using? If anything other than DSHOT* you will need to calibrate the ESC'S.

bamabuggy

I did something to this x220s it won't arm it's like the controller won't talk to it . reset the controller to factory settings

bamabuggy

Only thing that looks different the light on the FC is green which is bad I think the recever is blinking when I connect the battery but turns soilid so it's connecting to the flysky

FDS

Elite member
Have you plugged it into Betaflight, props off, to see if when you give a stick input, you get an output from the FC?
The way to solve these problems is to work logically through them, which is very nicely illustrated in the linked video.

bamabuggy

in betaflight no stick input here's a screenshot shot of the says no data flash chip found

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 2.06.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 2.06.26 PM.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 0

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
in betaflight no stick input here's a screenshot shot of the says no data flash chip found

The data flash chip is for black box recording. If you just reset the FC to deafults you will have to go through and reconfigure the ports and Rx settings. Not usually the recommended first step in solving a problem ;) If you can, find a copy of the stock configuration otherwise you're going to have to have a close look at the connections etc. to figure out what's needed.