XA (3D) with Foam Board Design Challenge

Jonny Gum

Elite member
I flew the prototype quite a bit this weekend, but it's just so squirrely. Between the paper hinges, small wiggle in the control horns, the the not so rigid wing and tail, it kinda flies like crap, although its good for low and slow. It could do a wide no-name, but no pop tops as I couldnt get the vertical roll fast enough. Basically, I think everything need to be more rigid and less error in the control surfaces.

Last edited:

Ranger_107

Elite member
I flew the prototype quite a bit this weekend, but it's just so squirrely. Between the paper hinges, small wiggle in the control horns, the the not so rigid wing and tail, it kinda flies like crap, although its good for low and slow. It could do a wide no-name, but no pop tops as I couldnt get the vertical roll fast enough. Basically, I think everything need to be more rigid and less error in the control surfaces.
Nice. I have a crack yak design but no electronics yet cause I have other prioritys like quads and edfs lol. could be maidening it soon.
Can I participate in the challenge with mycrack yak? already have v1 plans
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/foamboard-crak-yak.64650/#post-594422

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Shuoldn't have said that :ROFLMAO:
1CA872A9-6A27-4B12-9149-EFA02DA015EB.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well this thread died
Yeah, I was actually thinking about it yesterday. Someone else is doing a model 12 that I'm going to help test, so I'm not going to be doing one of those actually. I've started on a Sbach though, but most of my time has been devoted to improving my piloting skills, not designing...

L Edge

Master member
Yeah, I was actually thinking about it yesterday. Someone else is doing a model 12 that I'm going to help test, so I'm not going to be doing one of those actually. I've started on a Sbach though, but most of my time has been devoted to improving my piloting skills, not designing...

How are your spot landings doing?