XB-70 Valkyrie: FT Style

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Hey Ben I got to see the real Valkyrie the other day at Dayton and took some pics for you to have. I also got one of the x-29 and the F-4 since I know you like those.
8891C91D-2DE0-48C3-BD48-073E0A7A5561.jpeg
7577F11F-2361-402A-9A9A-713098D1242E.jpeg
990C4EAE-D77D-450A-A8C4-633C9B410620.jpeg
23D8E4F4-0395-40E4-8461-433D970C4039.jpeg
0E61D536-E4DA-49D6-B51D-AE69646F87CF.jpeg
42C7D362-7BC7-4CC0-9C62-2D7C6843E390.jpeg
745FDDF4-EE7A-45AD-88B1-87B689FE7997.jpeg
9BAAE06C-1E53-4E99-A5CF-D5B8D542DE44.jpeg

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Yeah, wow! Thanks for sharing, foamtest! Those are some awesome shots! My dad got to visit there last year also, and took some pictures with the Valkyrie. I've been to Ohio twice now, and still haven't made it over to the museum, but I'd love to check it out.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Woah those are amazing! I would LOVE to go there! And to be honest in the second and third image I was looking at the P-59 instead of the valkyrie:whistle:

jaredstrees

I used to live 30 minutes from there. It is an awesome place, lots of good memories. Everyone should make it a point to get there.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Looks like an awesome museum. Need to put it on the bucket list.
It is, that’s only one hangar or the whole thing. There’s three more just like that one. One with early stuff, another with WWII, one with Cold War stuff and that one is the experimental hangar.

Crow929

I'm headed down there in two weeks, it will be my first time. I'm super stoked. I feel lucky that such a museum is only a 3+ hour drive from my house, not sure why I've never made the trek before.
Foamtest, how much time should I expect to dedicate to the visit?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I'm headed down there in two weeks, it will be my first time. I'm super stoked. I feel lucky that such a museum is only a 3+ hour drive from my house, not sure why I've never made the trek before.
Foamtest, how much time should I expect to dedicate to the visit?
Depends on how many pictures you take😉. The last time I went down there I showed up at around 11, had lunch in the car, and was in the museum by noon. I like to spend a decent amount of time at each exhibit and find all of the ft and forum designed planes. I was in the museum from 12-5. I swear time just disappears when you have that many planes around you.

jaredstrees

I haven't been there in 20 years, so I'm sure it changed a lot. As a kid I could spend all day there. Since I'm now just a big kid I'd say as much as you can spare! If you're driving 3 hours, get there early so you don't feel rushed.

Crow929

I haven't been there in 20 years, so I'm sure it changed a lot. As a kid I could spend all day there. Since I'm now just a big kid I'd say as much as you can spare! If you're driving 3 hours, get there early so you don't feel rushed.
3 hour drive down, but we're camping ~40 min. from the museum. I believe that will be our only scheduled plans for Friday, so we can take all the time we want.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
James Whomsley just [published the final writeup on my Valkyrie project. I think he summed it up rather well! :D

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ginormous-xb-70-valkyrie-project-part-4-flight

He also included some never-before-seen footage of the first maiden attempt, and the crash into the fence. At some point I DO want to put out a video talking more about that first attempt, and show more of that footage, but for now this will do.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Great Article. I hadn't seen the V1 Crash. The moving Gif, summed it up. Thank you for taking us all on the journey. And you too Mr. Wombley for the article.