Yak-55 3D Dollar Tree foam board build

cjhagemeyer

so the first one i built had a 48.5in wingspan, and weighed 760g. But for that i only took the paper off of one side of the foam and used hot glue to glue it together and on top of that used an arrow shaft as a spar which is about 30g, and then all of my electronics. for the new one im building im using a balsa spar which is about 6g and taking ALL the paper off, and not using hot glue to glue the pieces together. my goal is to get it around 600g auw. which is lighter than this one which is a comparable size

Goose 51

If I'm using 1 layer of paperless dtfb instead of two, can I still use an FT f pack? Is it under 200 grams?

Tench745

Master member
If I'm using 1 layer of paperless dtfb instead of two, can I still use an FT f pack? Is it under 200 grams?
Can't speak to the plane specifically, but if I remember correctly, the paper is about half the weight of DTFB. If you remove the paper and double the foam it will weigh the same. (Plus the weight of the extra glue.)

Goose 51

Can't speak to the plane specifically, but if I remember correctly, the paper is about half the weight of DTFB. If you remove the paper and double the foam it will weigh the same. (Plus the weight of the extra glue.)
Sweet, I didn't know that, thanks for the tip