• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yaw lock

Greetings FT com. Is there a reason yaw would lock up intermittently if everything else seemed in order?

This is the maiden of a mini with Naze32. Yaw moved fairly fine, ok, had not noticed anything until suddenly locked up. Trying to then move yaw a few more times it would twitch a couple of times and then finally start yawing again.

I thought it might be a glitch with hard stick movement, but when it locked and trying light yaw it would still not move. And once it would begin yawing again, I could go near full yaw and it, when it was able, would yaw very quickly.

A similar thing related to the same flight: Set in 'horizon' would not flip with sticks but seemed to delay or stuck in 'angle', then once flipped almost after stick movement or nearly back to center, and also a couple of times on hard forward movement.

After flight I double checked mode with switch position and receivr tab for anomaly, but everything appeared to work fine.

Is there also a reason I cannot post the word "re ceiver"? If I don't misspell the word it posts as ********

Last edited:

jipp

something has to be wrong with the server.. last night i could not post the word "h appy" happy showed up like i was cussing. seems it fixed now.

test receiver..
chris.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding faceplant!
Mentor
Greetings FT com. Is there a reason yaw would lock up intermittently if everything else seemed in order?

This is the maiden of a mini with Naze32. Yaw moved fairly fine, ok, had not noticed anything until suddenly locked up. Trying to then move yaw a few more times it would twitch a couple of times and then finally start yawing again.

I thought it might be a glitch with hard stick movement, but when it locked and trying light yaw it would still not move. And once it would begin yawing again, I could go near full yaw and it, when it was able, would yaw very quickly.

A similar thing related to the same flight: Set in 'horizon' would not flip with sticks but seemed to delay or stuck in 'angle', then once flipped almost after stick movement or nearly back to center, and also a couple of times on hard forward movement.

After flight I double checked mode with switch position and receivr tab for anomaly, but everything appeared to work fine.

Is there also a reason I cannot post the word "re ceiver"? If I don't misspell the word it posts as ********
Is this still an issue, the yaw not the word games?

If so, can you post video?

Does it happen while you are on the bench with the props off?

Both issues seem to have been caused by excessive values in 'ROLL/PITCH rate' and 'YAW rate' (next to TPA on the PID Tuning tab). I suppose something in the combined loop of everything was being overloaded to interrupt synchronization.