Yaw Over Compensates on a Mini Tricopter

kah00na

I've been flying a mini tricopter with a KK2.1.5 board and it has been awesome. A while back I built an identical one but used a Naze 32 board. It always felt sluggish until I read that the "Rate" settings in CleanFlight has the same affects as "Stick Scaling" on the KK2 board. What a difference! The thing is way more responsive now!

Anyway, the only thing I'm still trying tune out is a little bit of over compensation the tail does after a strong yaw. If I yaw right, then there is a slight "left-right-center" movement when I come out of it. It makes me think of the slight bounce that people do when they imitate robots. It is really annoying - the mini tri... not the dancing, that is cool. What do I tune (P? I? D?, up/down?) to make it stop?

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I've been flying a mini tricopter with a KK2.1.5 board and it has been awesome. A while back I built an identical one but used a Naze 32 board. It always felt sluggish until I read that the "Rate" settings in CleanFlight has the same affects as "Stick Scaling" on the KK2 board. What a difference! The thing is way more responsive now!

Anyway, the only thing I'm still trying tune out is a little bit of over compensation the tail does after a strong yaw. If I yaw right, then there is a slight "left-right-center" movement when I come out of it. It makes me think of the slight bounce that people do when they imitate robots. It is really annoying - the mini tri... not the dancing, that is cool. What do I tune (P? I? D?, up/down?) to make it stop?

C0d3M0nk3y is dead on. Can you post a dump of your current PID's from Cleanflight kah00na?