Yes we are doing the Podcasty thing

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Andre, will you guys be reading from this thread taking questions, and commenting on the podcast?

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Then I have a question for the glider guys. What are their thoughts regarding v-tails. Specifically I'm interested in the Durafly Zephyr and the Multiplex Blizzard and others like similar to those. My only glider at present is a UMX Radian which of course is lots of peaceful fun for me and usually anyone I pass the xmtr to. I would like more of this but bigger while not too pricey.
—Jim

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yes I went back and reviewed the Zephyr and the Dynamic S a few days ago. Both appeal to me but only one is still on the HK site at present. The price of the Zephyr isn't frightening nor is Multiplex's Blizzard. Both are tempting. It can be tough deciding when you're is tight as the skin on a grape. I was really hoping for some thoughts from someone trustworthy who had first-hand experience with the Blizzard or an opinion from an educated eye.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'll flag your question for Chris and maybe he'll have some extra insite.

I was thinking about the Zephyr last year but my concern with an older HK model is parts...

tyoho

Crash Story Extravaganza

I for one was a bit disappointed that the long anticipated "Crash story Extravaganza" started with a 40 minute review of the Solo.
Particularly mind stabbing was the nearly verbatum reading of someone else's review.
I get it and enjoy the idea that the "After Hours Podcast" is supposed to be unstructured "bench flying", but I would have hoped that since you guys were finally doing the Saturday morning nothing but crash stories podcast that you've been talking about for months, you wouldn't get soooooooooo far off track.
The second half of the podcast was a lot of fun, I just wished it was longer. (Like it could have been)
Sorry for the rant.
Log In to reply - See more at: http://flitetest.com/articles/086-crash-story-extravaganza#sthash.AhLiK1PA.dpuf

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Ottawa Canada?

I was thinking we split the difference between Ottawa and Akron and call it Buffalo, NY ;)

Chris had the idea at Flitefest and figured 2-3 hours north for him was acceptable. That leaves a long haul for you André. Maybe you can relocate to Toronto to make this easier :p. Twist Chris' arm, I'm sure you can get him to drive a little further to say Rochester NY. 4hr drive is not to bad.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I was thinking we split the difference between Ottawa and Akron and call it Buffalo, NY ;)

Chris had the idea at Flitefest and figured 2-3 hours north for him was acceptable. That leaves a long haul for you André. Maybe you can relocate to Toronto to make this easier :p. Twist Chris' arm, I'm sure you can get him to drive a little further to say Rochester NY. 4hr drive is not to bad.

Chris would be a very happy guy if I moved to Ohio but then I wouldn't be a crazy Canadian any more.

Buffalo is 5-6 hours for me.

Wishy

Muse from heaven
Hey flite test guys
I've been following you around since the beginning of June

And your podcast saved me from 2 straight days of train during a transiberian voyage... Thanks!
I can't get a voicemail in, so I might as well ask you here
I've been in the hobby for a year or so in and out, so more like 4 months
Living in Hong Kong, it's difficult to fly 250 class quads, and I get easily discouraged from researching something too much...
Back to my question, what type of quad do you think I should buy as a test flyer, to see how 250 quads feel and if I could actually get in the hobby, rather than getting something and not liking it
Sorry to have rambled, you guys are awesome, keep up the good work!