Yes we are doing the Podcasty thing

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Well hold on, there was the few of you guys added a short bit about articles. Then it went away. I'm just throwing ideas, brainstorming. I really did like that part, getting shout outs in a podcast could really be cool.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
DO IT! It'll be fun! You should push flite fest south east (Florida).

An idea, couldn't we as Flite Test fans make our own Flite Fest? We hold to principles and ideals as flitetest does, get AMA backing at our own flight field? Do we honestly need the guys to have a gathering? I would love to meet them but they keep saying that we are flitetest too.

Burly

If there was another podcast added to the mix, it would have to be careful not to step on the toes of the existing podcasts. The FTAH guys work too hard to produce a great show (and the regular guys with their podcast too) to do anything that would take away from their efforts.

It was just a thought...
I wondered if a three week rotation schedule would be less onerous for all involved.

True, you don't want to step on other's who already have segments.
You wouldn't want a third crew doing crash stories, or new products hitting the market...that's the After Hours Guys.
And everything to do with FliteTest proper...store, builds, events, travel, recaps of videos, recaps of video reviews of specific product...that's the Regulars.

But maybe there are some niches that can be staked out and filled...
Some areas that wouldn't step on toes...
You'd definitely need to float it by Josh and Austin.

If they were cool...then you'd have to find a driver...a self-starter...... (Fred) ..........

I'd bet if you went through the list of likely co-hosts...you may get some willing takers.
Worst case, a commitment of once every three weeks...with enough guys to fill in as needed.

With everyone remote...sound may be a technical hurdle...
But...whatever... Maybe worth a shot to see what shakes out.

Speaking of shakes...without having a podcast to listen to this week...I'm already starting to get some........

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I think a 'what's new in the community' focused podcast would be cool. Topics would vary based on activity on the forum and articles.

Burly

Hey Fred...I think you just gained a co-host.

Now where's the rest of the likely candidates...
EarthTeachSci, Craftydan, jhitesma, Balu, Sponz...and so many, many more names that I failed to mention.
Anyone in the 700 club(700 or more posts).

You should be able to find a critical mass in that group who would be interested in participating.

Last edited:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
This has been done in the past Nic. A couple of podcasts had Fred leading the way and it did not stick as it made the podcast more segmented. As we get more into "building season" I think the idea of more bench flying would be appropriate to bring in forum participants. Community outreach, yes, but the content from other folks in sharing stories and such would be a hoot. JMHO.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
The big thing we've been working on is getting the audio gear for call-ins to work correctly.

And also the Periscope thing as well. ;)

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I would concentrate on the audio far before Periscope. Periscope is a neat tool, but should only be an accent to a good podcast, not something to worry about instead of getting good content and recorded well.

A techy RC related podcast would be good, talking about one topic per show. Say motor choices, you could talk about e-motor size ratings compared to gas, proper motor to wing/weight application, prop selection, personal stories of how proper/improper motors were used. Then there could always be repeats, to add new info/opinions later.

Just an idea kind of along Burly's orginal thoughts.

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
I like the podcast afterhours. Would be cool to listen to more tech related content like the frsky indeep look Andre Rousseau gave us or some antenna tipps like the ones from David Windestål the old days.

can we get a tech-talk with both of them? Or with peter too?
Peter, Andre, and David podcast would be epic!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I like the podcast afterhours. Would be cool to listen to more tech related content like the frsky indeep look Andre Rousseau gave us or some antenna tipps like the ones from David Windestål the old days.

can we get a tech-talk with both of them? Or with peter too?
Peter, Andre, and David podcast would be epic!

Actually that would be AWESOME.
So wish I could devote more time to FT but need to pay the bills or it will be very cold winter. ;)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I should also qualify myself as just a normal guy. David and Peter are well what I'd consider a special breed. ;)
They inspire people to do amazing things.

Good job guys with the podcast. In the next podcast be sure to mention the bundled fiasco that Hobbyking has done offering free shipping from their int'l warehouse but yet they have raised all their prices on the international warehouse products at the same time. Of course all the rc community watch prices like hawks and noticed this right away and it ain't going over well if you see the facebook threads on their fb page . quite the outrage. Looks like they really messed. To be fair some of the models prices aren't too increased so the free economic shipping can still be a good buy than at regular times . (though it may take probably 3 weeks to get to you):cool:http://canadaquadcopters.ca/blogs/news/46971073-hobbyking-com-raises-prices-dramatically scamking.png

Last edited:

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
i like the idea of a tech. podcast but its something ill probably never get into. that's where i miss David on the podcast He could keep it light hearted and funny but really dive into the technical side if need be.Maybe ill try and get him on soon and get a list of questions from everyone.

If this has already been addressed in a previous podcast please forgive me...

Since FliteTest just had its fifth anniversary how about explaining how the After Hours crew originally got involved with FliteTest / rc flying

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Actually I realized this weekend podcast will mark my 1 year anniversary with the AH crew.
But officially I became part of the team back in July at FF2015.

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
I think ist very important to have some "not so technical guy" on the ft-podcast too to ask questions like Josh Scott do on the show, just to keep it on ground.

A techtalk with Andre, David and Peter would still be a lot of fun.

The "not so technical guy" should Keep the control to lead the conversation and asks questions like "so you are talking about amplitude modulation... whats the benefit of that..." you know what i mean?
Just too keep everybody who listens in.

Ok... i stop now... just an idea...;)

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
I think ist very important to have some "not so technical guy" on the ft-podcast too to ask questions like Josh Scott do on the show, just to keep it on ground.

A techtalk with Andre, David and Peter would still be a lot of fun.

The "not so technical guy" should Keep the control to lead the conversation and asks questions like "so you are talking about amplitude modulation... whats the benefit of that..." you know what i mean?
Just too keep everybody who listens in.

Ok... i stop now... just an idea...;)

haha! yep thats usually me..

If it wasn't on the agenda already, it'd be interesting to hear everyone's take on the faa drone registration topic (I can probably guess Wayne's response). Also, is transport Canada considering any sort of regulation along these lines?