Yet another new guy with an ESC question.

VTX1300

My first post is asking for suggestions. I'm an old balsa builder and getting back into building but with foam, and small. I have a very small plane in mind (well under 250g) and had these tiny motors just sitting here looking at me. I need suggestions for an appropriate ESC and suitable prop for my smallest build yet. It'll be light, bigger than one would expect, and slow. I would rather use either of these than a common brushed motor or it would have been built, crashed, and repaired several times by now! Lots to learn! Thanks, John
002.JPG

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You need an ESC that can supply a few more amps than the motor will draw with the prop and battery you intend to use. I would check the specs of a similar motor for a starting place.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I run 1104 10000kV motors on 2x3.5 tri blade props and a 12A ESC with a 2S battery. Not sure about the 0603's, I'd probably go with a 1.5" prop on 2S or 2" on 1S, but even that may be too much. Definitely see if you can find a spec sheet for that motor or a similar one as @Merv suggests.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Based on the connectors I think that those might be tiny whoop motors. You could try using tiny whoop props with them, but I don’t know what to do about esc’s.

VTX1300

Based on the connectors I think that those might be tiny whoop motors. You could try using tiny whoop props with them, but I don’t know what to do about esc’s.
I run 1104 10000kV motors on 2x3.5 tri blade props and a 12A ESC with a 2S battery. Not sure about the 0603's, I'd probably go with a 1.5" prop on 2S or 2" on 1S, but even that may be too much. Definitely see if you can find a spec sheet for that motor or a similar one as @Merv suggests.
Thank you for the info! The Tiny Whoops are screamers with those tiny props. I'll start the build and sooner or later pix will surface for laughs or whatever. Both motors are sharp looking and deserve to be put to work. John

VTX1300

Thanks, the one is most likely a Tiny Whoop motor. Knowing that I can proceed and start playing with props. I have a couple small 12 amp ESCs I'll try. Thanks! John

VTX1300

I appreciate all the help, thanks! John

VTX1300

You need an ESC that can supply a few more amps than the motor will draw with the prop and battery you intend to use. I would check the specs of a similar motor for a starting place.
Thanks Merv, The current (no pun intended) is 2s and the 10 or 12 amp ESCs I have on hand. Let's see if I can keep the magic smoke from leaking out, pix some day. John