Yo!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I think so, I tried flaperons on the storch and now I want to try flaps.šŸ˜„ any advice on those? Iā€™ll finish the wing tonight and see how putting flaps in goes. I still have to make control horns thoughšŸ‘æ. Iā€™ll minwax and paint in the next few days too! šŸ˜
Just what Grifflyer said. I programmed mine like the timber X so ailerons on the outside and the inner flaps acted as flapperons. It gave you a lot of aileron control.

K3V0

Elite member
How many mixes do you end up using? My flysky only has 3šŸ˜• I made it work for flaperons so I think I can do the same with separate flaps but I might not be able to mix the elevator in. Lots of experimenting to došŸ™ƒ

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
How many mixes do you end up using? My flysky only has 3šŸ˜• I made it work for flaperons so I think I can do the same with separate flaps but I might not be able to mix the elevator in. Lots of experimenting to došŸ™ƒ
I think you should be able to do it with three. Check the timber X user manual online - thatā€™s how I got mine to work.

NOTE: If you go for the inner flapperons, assign both flaps to a 3 position switch - mine werenā€™t and it caused me big problems and it took an hour to figure that out. I was totally stumped lol.

ScottSteward

The Swappable FT Power Pod for the FT Duster I've been building. This is with the FT Power Pack "B". For those of you thinking "why are you testing that with the prop on, Mr. dangerous?" ONE reason. I have been known to not secure the motor very well on previous builds and make the entire front end go flying out (sometimes mid flight), so I wanted to make sure my build of the pod cound handle the thrust.

ScottSteward

Almost done!

Attachments

• 20200120_145339.jpg
    20200120_145339.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

ScottSteward

Update! Have Had 9 flights and 2 crashes on the FT Duster so far.

Both crashes were easy fixes. One was very minor on the maiden. Gray skies got the best of my eyes and lost orientation as it got a ways a way. Only broke a prop.

Second crash was a little worse as I was messinc with some trim adjustments. Just needed some glue.

Love the plane! :)

This is a post crash photo.

Attachments

• 20200202_030922.jpg
    20200202_030922.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1