Yo!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Update! Have Had 9 flights and 2 crashes on the FT Duster so far.

Both crashes were easy fixes. One was very minor on the maiden. Gray skies got the best of my eyes and lost orientation as it got a ways a way. Only broke a prop.

Second crash was a little worse as I was messinc with some trim adjustments. Just needed some glue.

Love the plane! :)

This is a post crash photo.
Awesome! The fixes just give it a little extra character! ;):D

ScottSteward

You could always wrsp your planes in Monokote for color and strength. It widens your leaving your plane in a hot car margin. One downside to hot glue in my mind.
They fly better with more glue! ;)

I have found this to be true in many cases over the course of my five years in the hobby. I have had numerous planes that "look worse and fly better" after a crash. ;)

AirBone

Scott Steward here,
As of June 2020, I will be five years in the hobby. To keep it short and sweet, I've always been a BNF flier. 2020 is the year I want to change that and become a builder.

Now, I did scratch build an FT Duster a few years ago. Not on my own. With the help of a seasoned builder. Crashed it on the maiden. I'll confess, it was dumb thumbs. ;)

Well, I've chosen the FT Duster as my first build going forward. Even though the first one is still mostly in one piece (though shelved), I wanted to do the duster again for 2 reasons.

1. I wanted to do a build that was familiar to get me on the road to building.

2. I'm an AG plane nut. I also own the Dynam C188. If I could have a garage full of Dusters of all sizes, makes, models and schemes, I would.

That said, I'll use this thread to also show my progress. Started yesterday. Finished the wing today. BTW, when I say "today", I mean "tonight", as I am night worker. ;)
Welcome to the forums. This has been a great place for me to learn. There are many users who are extremely helpful.

K3V0

Elite member
Did you get around to figuring this out? I'm doing a BW with my is6x and @The Hangar pointed me in that direction as well.
It did help a bit.the BW just has flaps no flaperons though. They work well and I’m learning to use them effectively. There is some down elevator mixed in and that totally helps! I ended up emulating Andrew Newton on YT he has a good tutorial on programming the FS is-6. Also RC with Adam has a pretty good playlist for FlySky in general.
I originally programmed in flaperons on the storch and it kinda worked well. It was my first time so I had some tweaking to do. I’m building a new storch and it will have full ailerons and flapperons maybe. I’m also going with leading edge slats this time.

Last edited: