You can become a member of the FTCA!

SSgt Duramax

I signed up, are all the plans in some vault somewhere or do they email them to you? I got plans for the stick when I signed up, but building one of those isn't exactly rocket surgery.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I signed up, are all the plans in some vault somewhere or do they email them to you? I got plans for the stick when I signed up, but building one of those isn't exactly rocket surgery.
You only get access to the plans and everything else sent out in the future emails, the next one being on the 15th I believe.

SSgt Duramax

You only get access to the plans and everything else sent out in the future emails, the next one being on the 15th I believe.
I was hoping to get plans for a master kit. I wouldnt mind buying a speed build kit, but i don't want to get a kit with no plans, plus the kits take the fun out of it personally. Ill probably build a 13th squadron plane but i really like the trojan. Then ill try to venture out and make some plans for a master style obscure ww2 prototype like a xf14 or something and make it available for everyone.

I do like the other things FTCA is doing which is why i decided to support.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I was hoping to get plans for a master kit. I wouldnt mind buying a speed build kit, but i don't want to get a kit with no plans, plus the kits take the fun out of it personally. Ill probably build a 13th squadron plane but i really like the trojan. Then ill try to venture out and make some plans for a master style obscure ww2 prototype like a xf14 or something and make it available for everyone.

I do like the other things FTCA is doing which is why i decided to support.
The master series mustang, spitfire, Corsair, and p-38 all have free plans available. One thing you can also do (I did it with my mini hellcat) is trace out each foamboard piece on posterboard to make a set of templates that you can later use for repairs or building a second one for a friend.

mortal

I don’t live in the US, but really like what FT stands for.

I sat on the fence for quite a while before joining as ground crew because the benefits and perks seem quite vague. I am interested in new plans, but there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to access plans that were released prior to you joining. It rewards long term members but may deter new members trying to gain access to an older plan they heard about.

International shipping being slow and expensive, plans are of particular importance to us non-US members.

I like that FTCA opposing over-regulation from the FAA may have a trickle-down effect to countries that tend to follow suit.

Ultimately I decided supporting FT is just the right thing to do, but it would be great if it were an easier choice for those of us not in the US who enjoy the YouTube channel every bit as much as much you guys do. :)

Marzipan

@mortal

it's not all doom and gloom. access to plans has only been a recent change and it's only been with FT's newer models. there are several forum members that have put together catalogs with links to the plans that were shared as well as a host of other designs from many other sources.

menus666

"Access To Select Build Plans".
FTCA will grant access to plans of their choosing. So, they're like a box of chocolates.
Currently, they have only been available via FTCA monthly emails.

thanks I have received one after I have become member but not the one I want lol

Loooking for mini corsair v2

SSgt Duramax

I can almost guarantee the MS Mini Corsair will not be one of the perks.
After listening to what went down in their podcasts, I Can't say I blame John for not wanting his designs released just to be pirated by lazy dirtbags.

If we are looking for a neat MS mini scratch build warbird, 13th squadron has a promising looking mini zero.

https://www.13thsquadron.com/mini-a6m-zero.html

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
thanks I have received one after I have become member but not the one I want lol

Loooking for mini corsair v2
In one of the more recent podcasts, the crew mentioned that John's designs never fell under the "free plans" statement to begin with. John was testing the waters with the free plans for the first few Master Series releases and the free plans were almost immediately abused/misused. They also stated that the John's designs would not be included as perks for the FTCA.

SSgt Duramax

In one of the more recent podcasts, the crew mentioned that John's designs never fell under the "free plans" statement to begin with. John was testing the waters with the free plans for the first few Master Series releases and the free plans were almost immediately abused/misused. They also stated that the John's designs would not be included as perks for the FTCA.
That is what I was referring to. Perhaps you are slightly more tactful than I. On another note, I kind of think designing/scratchbuilding a master series plane wouldn't be all that bad. I was able to build a balsa/tissue model using a diagram when I was 9 by photocopying one out of a library book enlarged by 200% and cost all of a quarter at the library, shouldn't be too hard for us grown ups to do, especially as a one off where you don't need plans for a skin just cut and fit.