You have to check this out!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Just a suggestion. It will fly slower with a bit of attack. You can curve the balsa sheets to have a high lift high drag wing for a slow airplane.

I just thought... But now it seems reasonable. So what you can basically do is try and take a 3mm balsa sheet or even a 5mm one and sandpaper it to a airfoil looking like to one from the Bixler and make it a heavy lifter airfoil. But with the low weight, It will just fly suuuuuper slow :D nice idea

flylow

FILE0063.jpg or you can try something like this since everybody's doing it

randall_l

You should search youtube for "iac aso". Truly amazing what they do in small gymnasiums.

Looks like mostly Plantraco 900MHz stuff.

Cheers!
Randall

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Props to the pilot though for keeping the airliner completely scale flying. Nice job on both building AND flying!

Johan

Why small?

Wow, whatever is the technique behind that (helium or otherwise), it really 'flies to scale', very natural movement....

Just saw xuzme720's reply: agree fully: the pilot is one major factor in this (I'm too focused on technical stuff:) )

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's what struck me the most was just how scale it looked! In fact, on climb-out it almost looked more like a 747 than an Airbus A310. So slow and smooth...That slow on such a good looking plane makes it look so much larger.

Last edited: