You have to check this out!

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
This is really fit, i saw this vid a few weeks ago...but dang, those things cost alot of $$$$

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
This is really fit, i saw this vid a few weeks ago...but dang, those things cost alot of $$$$
Please specify why those things have to cost.
I can se before me something really low cost like the infra red Silverlit X-twin as a donor for electronics.
If you want something more "standard" 2,4 GHz and slightly heavier then you can get the ultra micro gear used to Parkzone but compatible Orange from HobbyKing and HobbyKing fitting 1,7 g servos.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Awesome!

However I don´t really trust silverlit! Those infrared controls were never ones of my favourite.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
Please specify why those things have to cost.
I can se before me something really low cost like the infra red Silverlit X-twin as a donor for electronics.
If you want something more "standard" 2,4 GHz and slightly heavier then you can get the ultra micro gear used to Parkzone but compatible Orange from HobbyKing and HobbyKing fitting 1,7 g servos.
i was about to say the same thing, those TX look like the ones from a silverlit, the planes however must be hand made, it must take ages to complete, at least from the looks of it....

Why small?

What a cheater!!!! xD

the IR controls work actually quite well indoors, at least 25-30m without glitches, and for that price you cant really ask for more.

Last edited:

Klonas

Hehe I've had one of those infrared TX thingies. I had a very small indestructable helicopter...but it broke... I mean the switch that turns it on broke off so i can't really turn it on :D

earthsciteach

I have the guts out of an old air hogs plane with two motors. But, I don't have the matching transmitter. I'll have to see if I can do something with that!

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
i think you actually can use universal remotes and cellphones with an IR to control those, i once had a PSP and i could use that :p

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
I have taken the guts out of a few broken UMX planes (Champs, T-28, Etc) and electrified some of the drug store Guillows gliders.
263877_199649593416675_100001149071504_530601_946837_n.jpg

ananas1301

Haha both planes above are great!

The small one is an art of miniature RC flight :D

The big one just as the small one too!

Just amazing what is possible to do today

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
I have taken the guts out of a few broken UMX planes (Champs, T-28, Etc) and electrified some of the drug store Guillows gliders.
263877_199649593416675_100001149071504_530601_946837_n.jpg

Does anyone have any plans for planes with this tiny set up? I have 2 of these micro motors and servo receiver boards, just need to build something for them..

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Does anyone have any plans for planes with this tiny set up? I have 2 of these micro motors and servo receiver boards, just need to build something for them..

Are you serious? Grab some balsa and start building! Just balance it up OK and you're good to go.

- 2-5 degrees angle of attack on the main wing
- Stabilizer in line with the fuse stick
- Correct CG
- 5-15 degrees dihedral
- Tons of patience

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Ok I'll give it a go, balsa is just too expensive for a plane which might not fly though;)

ananas1301

Are you serious? Grab some balsa and start building! Just balance it up OK and you're good to go.

- 2-5 degrees angle of attack on the main wing
- Stabilizer in line with the fuse stick
- Correct CG
- 5-15 degrees dihedral
- Tons of patience

Where did you see all that?
I can see the dihedral but the angle of attack?