You just got to love the pool!

Austinthemighty

I bought and built the versa copter back November and had a series of problems getting it to take off. it took me a while till i was able to get it to take off, due to; naze v6 was not supported by clean flight, no props, bad battery. but once i got a new battery it was smooth flying from there, until i lost line of sight due to some rose bushes and ruder was reversed for some reason, and then i crashed into my pool. i threw of my jacket and took off my shirt and jumped into the pool. i retrieved to drone whiten 15 seconds of crash landing. lucky the new battery was fine, but every thing was dripping wet. i then quickly dried everything off as best as possible and then changed into warm, dry cloths and left home to go to a after school activity. once home i had then put the naze, battery, rx, and battery alarm in rice, after about 24 hours i then plugged in all of the components back to gether and plunged in the battery. i then heard a loud, POP! i quickly unplugged every thing and put it back in the rice, and then took my soldering iron and undersold the esc and cut the heat shrink from then and placed them in the rice. The biggest lesson for me that i leavened from this is always water prof your electronics, you never know what is going to happen! Right know i am waiting to get some shrink tubing to recover my esc, while i am at it i may reprogram my esc to enable one-shot.

kacknor

Build another!
Now that would be nice FPV setup! Confuse the hell out of the entire range of government agencies. Air & water. FAA fighting NOAA for jurisdiction, Fish and Game jump in as hunters and fisherman do recon, Parks And Recreation needs a say, and the EPA wants to be assured there isn't any water pollution (that they don't cause themselves). It could be chaos!

I LIKE it.

JD