You know what I'd like to see in an episode

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
I have had this crazy idea in my head for an arresting wire for an r/c plane. Just like on an aircraft carrier just scaled down. You'd need a hook on the plane that would catch the wire as you touched down.

You could make a competition out of it. You could see who could hook the wire first or something.

What do you think?

teflyer

Full Circle
And even harder if you did it FPV like the real pilots. That would be really cool though. I always wanted to see a carrier landing for RC...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have had this crazy idea in my head for an arresting wire for an r/c plane. Just like on an aircraft carrier just scaled down. You'd need a hook on the plane that would catch the wire as you touched down.

You could make a competition out of it. You could see who could hook the wire first or something.

What do you think?

This should be easier and more fun if done with bigger planes as bigger planes smash into more pieces handle better on the ground.

teflyer

Full Circle
Your scratchouts are so funny! :D
Yeah, bigger planes should be a lot easier due to more stability.

earthsciteach

Actually, I think fpv would be an easier way to do it. Its much harder to line up on a specific point when not in the airplane because you can't really look at that point and at the plane at the same time. Its pretty easy to do when in a real airplane, though.

teflyer

Full Circle
oh, ok, cool! then maybe the episode could be on doing a carrier landing with FPV. What would make it even easier with FPV is doing those landing strip lights that extend from the runway so that all you have to do is line up with the lights and control your altitude.

Maybe also make a mockup aircraft carrier to land on!

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Mini aircraft carrier? Landing lights? Yeah buddy! Now we're talkin,

They could use the hk F-18 with the led afterburners for added realism!

Wait, does hk have an edf F-14? They could do a mini "top gun"!