Your perfect flying site?

voyhager3

If I could knock down the 12 stadium light poles in the 4 connected soccer fields just 5 minutes from my house, that would be it... So instead it is the 4 connected baseball fields at the county park 10 minutes from my house. There are 4 other guys that I know of that use it too. There are very nice AMA affiliated clubs near by, but I don't go even with my AMA membership.
Just fly around them, or pretend to! My arrow just bounces off them! That’s what I have had to do at the soccer fields near my new house.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
If I could knock down the 12 stadium light poles in the 4 connected soccer fields just 5 minutes from my house, that would be it... So instead it is the 4 connected baseball fields at the county park 10 minutes from my house. There are 4 other guys that I know of that use it too. There are very nice AMA affiliated clubs near by, but I don't go even with my AMA membership.
You should try pylon racing in that field..... You'll have 12 pylons😂

earthsciteach

I'm lucky to have a park flyer sized field right out of my back gate. But, I have planes too large to fly there and currently do not belong to a club or the AMA (the latter because I'm an obstinate sort). I'm hoping the FTCA develops something tangible for CBO flying fields soon.

By far, the nicest flying field I've visited is the Bayou City Flyers' field in Houston, Tx. It has a paved runway, Plenty of grass for runways, covered area for pits, multi-rotor and heli pads, concrete control line flight areas, and to top it all off, an air conditioned club house! It really is an amazing facility. And, its maintained by the local park system! I can't imagine a nicer field than this one.

dryhiker

I live in Nagoya Japan and there are a couple of places I fly. The first is below.
1627267767352.png

It is a baseball field at a park. It is almost big enough for the minis! The reason the photo is so dark is that it is about 5:00 in the morning. I have to go at that time to avoid the throngs of kids practicing on the field every day. I use this field a lot. I charge up a battery the night before if my weather app says low winds and no rain. I get up early and go fly for a battery's worth and then go home and have breakfast. It is about a 7-minute walk. Not at all a bad experience! The trees around the park need attention. They have eaten my plane on 3 different occasions, causing me to climb to get the plane down! Also, any wind causes major burbles. It works as a reasonable place to fly and fits with my schedule.

The second spot is below.
1627268053429.png

That is a park along a river nearby, but to get there I have to drive. It takes about 20 minutes from my house to get there and then walk from the parking spot to the field. It is bigger than the park but more crowded. I usually go on a weekday to avoid kids if my schedule allows.

It is amazing that, in a city and area of this population, there isn't more radio control flying activity. Nagoya city is 2.3 million people. If you add all of the cities which form basically one continuous developed area, there are over 10 million people. Major companies in the area include Toyota and Mitsubishi and over 100 more. There are a LOT of engineers here. I did explore joining the lone flying club I could locate, but at that time my international travel ramped up so I would not have been able to fulfill membership duties like field maintenance.

If I can find other places to fly I will, but for now the two will do.

Andy.