Your Safety Advice !!!

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Thats a good idea! They make ones with a disc on the back, so they turn back to where they came from if they do roll.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Also, Just burned myself..
I was putting on a control horn (ft flyer w/ Ailerons) and the hot glue squirted up on the other side.

frogman

I had a prop bite me once when I was careless working on a RC powered parachute. It was a large one built to haul a camera. Let me tell you that an 18" prop on a motor the size of a soup can will do some damage. That was 5 years ago and my right index finger is still numb from the last knuckle to the end and my finger is about 1/4 inch shorter than it used to be. It was a careless moment on a repair. 8 stitches on my index finger and 3 on my ring finger.

Here's the machine that bit me. That's a handycam on the front.

IMG_5764-01small.jpg

And here's the damage. REMOVE YOUR PROPS PEOPLE. TRUST ME IT'S WORTH THE EXTRA TIME.

IMAG0023.jpg

If that pic is not appropriate please let me know and I will be happy to remove it. I was hoping a visual will drive the point home for safety.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Most I've done really was go through my left index knuckle with a Dremel with the cutting disk at high speed... but having studied electricity and being brought up woodworking i knew exactly what to do: tissue on the wound, wrap my hand in electrical tape to keep the paper in place, clean up the blood, throw tanktop with blood stains in washing machine, and carry on cutting!:D