Your Safety Advice !!!

andy_spoo

CA seems to stick skin far better than anything else. Section acquired from website (this one http://www.straightdope.com/columns...lue-invented-to-seal-battle-wounds-in-vietnam ) :-

The use of cyanoacrylate glues in medicine was considered fairly early on. Eastman Kodak and Ethicon began studying whether the glues could be used to hold human tissue together for surgery. In 1964 Eastman submitted an application to use cyanoacrylate glues to seal wounds to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Soon afterward Dr. Coover's glue did find use in Vietnam--reportedly in 1966 cyanoacrylates were tested on-site by a specially trained surgical team, with impressive results. According to an interview with Dr. Coover by the Kingsport Times-News:

Coover said the compound demonstrated an excellent capacity to stop bleeding, and during the Vietnam War, he developed disposal cyanoacrylate sprays for use in the battle field.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I once crashed a plane at full speed about two feet away from where I was standing. I had to stand there dumbfounded for a bit.

Also, I always use throttle cut off. It's there for a reason. I admit that I do not take off props, but I'm always careful when it's powered up and after the ESC is set, I use throttle cut off until I safely have the plane ready for take off.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
+1, have someone nearby. My field has snakes and cactus, and I crashed into the latter in 2 different ways... I ran headlong into the cactus after my LOS wing. It would have been handy to have a second pair of eyes for that.:eek:

tramsgar

I try to bring at least one kid to the field. When I make a fool of myself or do something really stupid or dangerous, I just hand over the controls to him and start yelling. He don't mind.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
From the department of "lessons I *should* have learned from Josh Bixler's bad example" . . .

IMG_0851.JPG

Never attach the battery to the hatch :p :black_eyed:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
They departed together? =)

In the same sense as "the dish ran away with the spoon" . . . because the glider was forked.

other than the mad futile attempt to pull out and the sickening stop, it was the slowest, most graceful crash I've witnessed.

rcspaceflight

Today I tried to do a loop too close to where I was standing and almost dive bombed myself. It was the first time I flinched while flying my plane straight at me.

skyhighflight

Slope soaring about 10 years ago in very gusty high wind conditions. I was setting up for landing which was quite difficult in the conditions. I nailed the approach almost perfectly with full crow breaking. The glider was setup to land almost at my feet. As it was about 3 feet from the ground I retracted the crow to prevent and damage to the control surfaces on landing and the glider just carried on and picked up speed before striking me hard on the right ankle. It hit me so hard that my feet flung above my head, I ended up on the floor with a snapped 35Mhz antenna. I limped off the hill and continued limping for about a week. The plane suffered no damage though-----Every cloud has a silver lining!

baronbernie

Learned this a few days ago, wearing loose clothing may not be wise. With transmitter in hand and while bending down to pick up a bottle of water, the shirt caught the throttle and the engine became alive tearing the wing off riping the wing.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
If you drop a bladed tool (X-acto or the like) get out of the way and let it fall. Don't try to catch it.

Trying to catch it is a good way to bury the blade in your hand, arm, leg, stomach etc. Blades are cheap. Stitches are not.

rcspaceflight

If you drop a bladed tool (X-acto or the like) get out of the way and let it fall. Don't try to catch it.

Trying to catch it is a good way to bury the blade in your hand, arm, leg, stomach etc. Blades are cheap. Stitches are not.

I regret not taking a photo when I dropped my X-acto knife and it landed blade first into the floor and just stuck there straight up.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Always ensure that your gyro directions are correct before taking off your multirotor.

I got lucky, 8 cuts on my scalp and a shattered GWS HD prop.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

Pro Tip: Add some tape to any "pencil style" bladed tool to make a small "flag". It will not roll from your table anymore.