Help! Youth Outreach Program and Aviation Career Showcase

Joexer

Hi all, I have obtained my part 107 (Commercial sUAS Certification) via College Scholarship and with it a few opportunities. I have been reached out to by several local groups (Sacramento, CA) regarding teen outreach for Aviation Careers through summer camps and other events. I know Radio controlled flight pretty well and in fact have some experience on the professional side but I have very little teaching experience. My age however should offset some dissonance between me and the students though. Currently I am in the process of creating a Curriculum for ages 13-17 and some fun activities to get younger kids interested and involved early. I have reached out to a number of large drone operators for their expertise, and now I would like to open it up to the community here. The fact of the matter is, I need both ideas and help in making this happen. If you can contribute or have any suggestions, comments or ideas please let me know! I am more than happy to discuss and would be extremely grateful for anything!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Talk to the STEM guys at Flite Test. They already have school based curriculum mapped out and would probably be a good resource to help you plan out and maybe guide you on your endeavor. Then get with Josh B or Josh S and inquire about how they work their youth outreach. I am sure they would spend a bit of time helping you get started.