Zippy Batteries BEWARE!

RCPlaneGuru

A word to the wise with Zippy Batteries. The wire and coating used on the 4 pin connectors are very stiff and eventually come loose from their solder joints inside the battery. I have had 5 separate incidents of wires coming loose on my 2200 3S, 40C and 45C batteries. And to re-solder the connection is a bit tricky because you have to slit the outside covering on the battery which is dangerous. For the record, I do not YANK or tug on these wires in any way. They come loose over time because of the stiffness in the wiring.
I contacted HobbyClown about the issue and they replied that if my battery is more than 30 days old, I am out of luck. I did not contact them to look for a refund, but to make them aware that the problem is happening. (Not only with me, but other members at our club have had similar issues) When I mentioned that I was just trying to make someone aware that there is a potential QC issue, they replied with the standard BS line: "we will let management know". So much for trying to be helpful.... not to mention being a platinum level customer who spent over $2,000 at HobbyKing last year...

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
The blue from hobbypartz I had were like that too. After having to cut open two packs to resolder I learned to tape the wires back to the lipo's side. This way the wires don't move and can't break

Bollie

I've gone off the zippy batteries too, I've got 3 of them 3S 2x 1600mAh and a 4000mAh I use for an RC car. I've had them for about 6 months and they would have done about 40 cycles (charge, discharge) my 4000mAh battery is now a 1123mAh battery and my 1600mAh is down to 700. The batteries have all been treated well, never under 9V, always on storage charge, 1C charge rate. I would have hopped for at least 90 -100 recharges.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I've gone off the zippy batteries too, I've got 3 of them 3S 2x 1600mAh and a 4000mAh I use for an RC car. I've had them for about 6 months and they would have done about 40 cycles (charge, discharge) my 4000mAh battery is now a 1123mAh battery and my 1600mAh is down to 700. The batteries have all been treated well, never under 9V, always on storage charge, 1C charge rate. I would have hopped for at least 90 -100 recharges.

But after all, you only paid a third of the price of a brand name battery. :)

baronbernie

Because HK has their Turnagy 2s and 3s 500mah batteries on BO (still) I looked into an alternte mfg. The only other one that I found was from Zippy. What I found strangley confusing was the rating in the description. The description read "ZIPPY Flightmax 500mAh 2S1P 20C". Now I have been taught was that 2S means 2 batteries connected in series, and 2P meant that the batteries were connected in paralell. How can a battery be connecter in both 2S1P, this is very confusing :confused: