zmr250 slowly shakes

anton.sn

Hi all, I am desperate cos I spend too much time without any success. :(

I have a zmr250 frame which slowly shakes whatever I tried.

I tried different PIDs over two years time, different motors and props , different software, and even FCs (naze32, omnibus f4)
The result is always the same and looks more or less the same like in this video with some variations.

Also tried: anti-vibration for FC and for motors, different filtering settings
Current setup:
omnibus v4, betaflight 3.5

Any ideas how to fix it are welcome.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Could be the frame resonates. Specially if its one of the knock off frames from China. The carbon in those is junk.

I bought a cheaper frame once and the resonance was so bad I could not even get a stable hover.

It actually rings like a tuning fork when you flick it with your finger.

anton.sn

Could be the frame resonates. Specially if its one of the knock off frames from China. The carbon in those is junk.

I bought a cheaper frame once and the resonance was so bad I could not even get a stable hover.

It actually rings like a tuning fork when you flick it with your finger.

Yes I actually get it from China aliexpress, never thought carbon could be so different. Do you think this frame will work better, it looks exactly the same like from aliexpress. I do not want to do same mistake again.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I really could not say mate. After what I got i decided to stick with tried and true frames from known manufacturers.

There is a way to get a decent idea of the carbon quality by the weave. Sadly the ones copying frames have figured out to use only visible layers of the good weave and sub par underneath that.

MY take is anything from the knock off stores in China and frames under the 50-60 dollar range is a crap shoot on what you will get.

It all depends how far into the hobby you want to get. Gear does matter if you wanna run with the big dogs. If you just want casual hobby level then you can lower your standards a bit. In this hobby you really get what you pay for when playing on the cheap side.

anton.sn

Hi Psyborg , I tried as you suggested in comments to video mount lipo and camera harder also trying changing yaw but I guess result is the more or less the same same :

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would agree with Sean at this point. I figured since you did attempt tuning it was an outside factor.

Joshua Bardwell has a whole series on how to tune betaflight you may want to watch a few times and follow his process.

Way to many bells n whistles in beta flight for me to bother with.

If I cant tune it out with pids and have to rely on all that fancy stuff I just do a full rebuild and start over. Thats why I fly Kiss gear on my 5 inchers. Rather be flying then fiddling and chasing adaptive parameters.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I suspect your frame is prone to vibrations, as Psyborg has suggested. I also suspect you may not have the best choice of props. I can hear them hitting a resonance at points in your video. There is also jello in the video which is less from the quadcopter visibly shaking, and more from the high frequency vibrations. Looks a lot like my ZMR250 build with 6030 props from back in the day.