Zombie V Tail Build

Tymtravler

I just received the power distribution board and installed it. I also added 4 Dean to bullet extention wires so I would have slack on the wires when I retrack the front booms. Next stop KK2 and receiver.
20131014_172347.jpg
20131014_174448.jpg

Last edited:

kah00na

Interesting. I haven't seen anyone use dean's connectors between their power supply and ESCs - not that it is bad, I just haven't seen it before. I usually see the gold connectors or direct soldered connections.

Tymtravler

Interesting. I haven't seen anyone use dean's connectors between their power supply and ESCs - not that it is bad, I just haven't seen it before. I usually see the gold connectors or direct soldered connections.

The ESC's I bought had the male deans already connected on them. However for my ESC's wiring to reach the center of the Bat Bone, I had to add the extension wiring. Being something that most likely will need replacing, I prefer not to solder, unsolder and then solder to many times on the board. Also these wiring extensions worked very well for my front CF booms that re-track. One more thing, if in the event of a crash, and a boom is broken, I can just unplug the ESC,s power and signal wiring, attach it to a new boom and be back flying instead of having to conduct soldering surgery in the field.
Here is the eBay listing if anyone wants these.

Duratrax Battery Lead Deans Female To 3.5mm Male Bullet DTXC2216

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duratrax-DT...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46102bc8df

ldtxc2216.jpg

Last edited:

Tymtravler

I got this cool dome to cover the electronics and then I hydrographed it. I also cut out a piece of plexiglass 5 1/2" round and mounted it to the Bat Bone with stand offs to attach the KK2 board, reciever.

20131021_202719.jpg
20131021_202605.jpg

Attachments

• 20131021_201757-1.jpg
    20131021_201757-1.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20131021_201847.jpg
    20131021_201847.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Very nice. Not sure whether to marvel or double-tap.

so they didn't have green tube end caps in stock?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Looking at it some more, the yellow have a venomous appeal to them -- like spider fangs -- but matching front and back kinda wrecks it. Perhaps green/black back, yellow front?

All green or black would blend with the scheme better

Your copter, your call.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Looking very mean, but like Dan said, orientation might be an issue...
How hard are the caps to swap? keep green/black on it on the ground and swap out to the yellows for flying if it matters to you.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Actually, I was speaking astetically -- V-tails are great w/ orentation from just the shape.

Just thought the yellow tips on the front look like venom-tipped fangs, if it weren't for the matching yellow tips on the back.

Tymtravler

Well this was a fun build but now I hear the call size does matter. The V tail is a great quad but I need to go bigger for what I want to do and I want GPS which the KK2 does not provide. So Zombie is going to get parted out for sale or sold as a whole. I will most likely put it on ebay or sell it on the forum. On to a hexacopter, thanks for all the help and kind words and suggestions from these on the forum.