Master Series Builds, Past Present and Future.

MJSantito

Just finished up my first foam board build. Some aspects of it were challenging but I think its mostly a challenge to be careful in handling the material... and not used to dealing with hot glue. HAHA! Overall happy with it and surprised at how innovative these kits are!

Attachments

• Pete3rd.jpg
    Pete3rd.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

chris398mx

Master member
Just finished up my first foam board build. Some aspects of it were challenging but I think its mostly a challenge to be careful in handling the material... and not used to dealing with hot glue. HAHA! Overall happy with it and surprised at how innovative these kits are!
Looks Great..... Well Done!

JonQ

I hadn’t checked on this thread for a while, but It’s just died off. Has the subject of new models from John Overstreet moved somewhere else? Or something else going on???

Burnhard

I hadn’t checked on this thread for a while, but It’s just died off. Has the subject of new models from John Overstreet moved somewhere else? Or something else going on???
Its been pretty quiet for some time. To be fair, I guess it makes sense not to throw everything on the market too quickly.

Did a MS inspired P40 in the meantime while waiting for new stuff. Build thread can be found here.
IMG_0740.jpeg

Brian B

Elite member
Enjoying the heck out of my Master Series P-38! Made mine as a tribute to the real Scatterbrain Kid that was based in my hometown until it was lost with the pilot in 1974. The 50 year old control line nitro plane in the background was owned by the S'kids owner, but when he passed away recently his widow returned it to the original builder, good friend of the Col., and my mom's first cousin. A treasured possession that he graciously loaned to me to get the camo spot-on. Love the history and personnel connections in aviation! Now I need a three blade!
FB_IMG_1680811472049.jpg

20230413_185936.jpg
20230415_091227.jpg

usaserres

Hey John,

So much time has passed since you announced any new plane coming out for sale. We used to get updates almost daily. What is going on? Is this program discontinued? Will we ever see any new master series plane for sale on the FT Store website?

RossFPV

Hey John,

So much time has passed since you announced any new plane coming out for sale. We used to get updates almost daily. What is going on? Is this program discontinued? Will we ever see any new master series plane for sale on the FT Store website?
I doubt he is done, he had a prototype f-5 at flitefest

usaserres

The F5 would be great. It has been more than 6 months if I'm not mistaken since any Master Series/Jet came out. The last one was the F14. which I bought immediately...

Mr.Grinch

These are not the days of old FT with new planes each month, just have to be patient. John is only one person and he puts massive amounts of work and lots of iterations to ensure each design works well in looks, build and flight.

JonQ

He had an F-15 completed several years ago, From the videos he posted on youtube it looked like it was a great flyer, and looked pretty good, too. Hopefully that one will be issued as a master series not too far down the road.

Last edited:

MJSantito

He had an F-15 completed several years ago, From the videos he posted on youtube it looked like it was a great flyer, and looked pretty good, too. Hopefully that one will be issued as a master series not too far down the road.
That would be an awesome one to have released!