NAS-BWACC 2015 [ANOTHER ENTIRELY UNOFFICIAL FTFF EVENT]

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
What? You aren't still Chicken?!?

I see you just finished that shiny new speed built Bloody Wonder. All nice and white and pretty. Not even grass stained yet . . . and you want to go putter around the field?

That's not some old fogey! THAT'S a COMBAT bird you're flying, PILOT!

Slap some paint or colored tape or blood on it and take your place holding the line at the second annual:

N orth
A merican
S tock
B loody
W onder
A erial
C ombat
C hallenge

Last years NAS-BWACC was a fantastic success with a sky full of bloody wonders and TEAJR66 making good about his trash talk and taking first place . . .

NAS-BWACC Trophy.jpg

. . . but we're not going to let that happen again, are we?!?

The challenge is to build:

a Sig wonder family airframe (sig wonder, funbat, bloody wonder, or bloody barron . . . we'll be flexible, you need all the help you can get)
powered by a 3S 1300 battery (or less than 4oz, if you think your 4S1000 pack can rock our world for 8 min)

So how do I win? This is full on combat, baby! You should be happy if you survive, but I like your spirit! The winner is selected by physical contact count (hits) in 8 minutes, on the honor system. Hitter and hittee both get a point -- if they can stay in the air, they get to make/take more points. No, the ground doesn't count.

When? Saturday at 4:00.

Where? Out on the main flight line

And the prize? The Glory of combat and the Honor of your peers . . . and a trophy. A cool trophy.

So who's with me?!?

Who wants to see what a simple Bloody Wonder can do in the hands of great
(and not-so-great) pilots?!?!?

<-- brought to you by "the EarthSciTeach committee for brewing FTFF troublemaking" -->

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
So Let the trash talk BEGIN!!!!!

Anyone want to get knocked out of the sky by the GOLDEN PLANE?!?

DSC01123.JPG

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Don't forget the ugly step child of the bunch. Are you going to allow Ugly Wonders too?

2015-02-15-14-23-32-jpg_1431054989.jpg

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Craftydan can let whatever he wants into the competition. We already know which pilot (ME) will prevail. Don't worry, the rest of you will still get the satisfaction that comes from knowing you participated.

Murphy's Law, Muhahahahhaa!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I am in this year. Same specs as last year on motor? I just got the emax to have for this combat.

If it survives until FF15 this is my current combat build, but I will have something else if it doesn't.
image.jpg

Can't wait.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
With the amount of combat planes that are all ready built in the basement, don't be surprised if SPONZ has a different plane in the air every thirty seconds.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Knocked out of the air that many times? That's a cold thing to say about your Dad ;)

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Sponz,

Bring as many combat ships as you care to. Given the rep of you and your son, anytime I have something in the air, you guys are more than welcome to come over and make it a full contact combat event.

You will want all the chances you can to knock me out of the sky since Murphy's Law will take the NAS-BWACC.

joker24458

I'll be joining in this year.....is there still a restriction on motor choice or is there only a restriction on the batteries?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
The restrictions don't apply so much for weather or not you enter. They apply more towards weather or not you are eligible to claim the championship. Meet Craftydan's specs and get the most hits=you win. Most hits out of specs=just a whole lot of fun. Its always nice to have some "outlaw class" birds in the air. Adds to the carnage. I might enter Murphy's Law as an outlaw this year. I just need to find a steel bladed prop and a food processor motor! Muhahahahaha!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Good catch Joker -- I did indeed lift the Motor restriction as well as loosening the airframe restriction . . .

So watch out for Tommy's Cuisinart ;)

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Got my last-year's entry all repaired with a new power-pod. With the motor restriction lifted, this year I will be prize eligible and so have all the more motivation for carnage! Except that I don't have any 1300 LiPos. Got tons of 1000's and some 1600's. Hmmm...go for max time and lose the trophy eligibility? Decisions, decisions...

bgfireguy92

Now I was going to use my latest blood wonder as lit up night time flyer but now I'm going to have to get my Craty Killer out and spank you. I dont care about the trophy only getting Dan now. And andre if he dares to step into this mans arena.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
None of you are as lucky, err uh, skilled at this as I am. Two hits last year. I'm pretty sure I was the hittee both times. This year promises to be even more intense than last year. I have practiced a figure eight circuit. it's ok to be scared. Your precious little planes are going down.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
None of you are as lucky, err uh, skilled at this as I am. Two hits last year. I'm pretty sure I was the hittee both times. This year promises to be even more intense than last year. I have practiced a figure eight circuit. it's ok to be scared. Your precious little planes are going down.

Tommy, you might as well paint a big bulls-eye on your plane now! Everyone is going to be gunning for you. Kiss that repeat good-bye!!!

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Ain't Skeerd!!! The orange and yellow orientation tape that I added to the OD Green airframe, can be used as aiming points. Hits are hits. Be you the hitter or the hittee. Come and get some!

shermanhartman

Balsa Splinter Generator
Good catch Joker -- I did indeed lift the Motor restriction as well as loosening the airframe restriction . . .

So watch out for Tommy's Cuisinart ;)

So since the air frame restriction is a little looser, does that mean i can fly my dual motor bloody wonder in the NAS-BWACC?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
So since the air frame restriction is a little looser, does that mean i can fly my dual motor bloody wonder in the NAS-BWACC?

ABSOLUTELY!!! It's a bigger target too -- whether that's a good or bad thing, I'll leave that up to you ;)