Planes: Fire & Rescue Challenge

bucket183

Has anyone got the boxcar to A4 or A3 tiled plans?? All the ones I have seen (including this thread) once printed the scale is not correct and once I correct using scaling it goes off page A3

dpm4891

Soooooooooo Cooooooollllll. The C-119 is such an awesome plane. I always loved multi-engine cargo craft. I love to see a C-130 as the next step but there is so much with the C-119 that you can do. May I suggest two follow up challenges.

1: NASA in the 60's used C-119's to pick up satellites mid-flight in order to recover film from space. I say you simulate the same. Launch a small rocket with a small secondary payload on a separate chute and recover it before it lands. If you want to take it to a new level, figure out a way to not only catch it but retract it back into the bay.

2: Why airdrop bulldozers when you can do a Low-Altitude Parachute Extraction with the bulldozer on a sled. The extraction will be a trick as the payload should roll out of the bay so it comes out smoothly. There are great videos of Air Force C-130's doing that with tanks.

Enjoy and thanks for all the great videos and articles.

jdlilfan

It would be fantastic if they would make a speed build kit for the C-119. Would definitely buy and build a few. I want to do both a traditional white/silver AF scheme and a separate "Shadow/Stinger" bird.

DidierNeefe97

Digital Wolf
What setup is used in the C119 and hoe did they reinforce the fuselage??? And witch part on the plane is witch part on the plan? Some parts are difficult to know where they belong. I want to build this whit my class for a project so can anyone help me out?

jeffbuck

I printed out the plans for the c119 when this video came out in hopes that a build video was soon to follow. Has anyone with some inside knowledge heard anything ? has anyone else taken on the challenge of building one ?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure if they are going to release a build video for it. They only make build videos for kits that are sold in the shop, don't they?

Perhaps an experienced builder can make a small album to show the steps?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
It seems that the PDF to PNG converter that I like to use doesn't like the new FT plans. I may have to resort to my old trick of taking screenshots and stitching them together. Anyways, I hope to make the RCDP version of the C-119 soon and I can show screenshots of the "build" in Sketchup if you want. It might be helpful. I did exactly that for the second version of the FT Bloody Wonder because FT didn't do a build video for it.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I printed out the plans for the c119 when this video came out in hopes that a build video was soon to follow. Has anyone with some inside knowledge heard anything ? has anyone else taken on the challenge of building one ?

I have the tailbooms and rudder all glued up. The wings passing threw the fuselage and booms and bending foam brought me to a skreetching halt. I spent a lot of time cutting this thing out and DO NOT want to do it again, so I've been enjoying the Storch. At least I'll have my own version of the speed build kit when the video comes out.

Justin

cabmzn1969

I sincerely hope the C119 gets enough attention for the boys to give us a brief walkthrough video at least. I,ve printed all 133 pages, joined and cut out plan parts and started cutting foam. I,ve figured out where all the parts go but am very curious about the polyhedral wing setup and how/where wing spars are used. Ill mod the overall look with a few tweaks here and there to make it a bit more serious looking.

I emailed the boys and got some info from Peter on the power setup, Thanks Peter..
The power system is an Emax motor

Emax-GT2820-06-Outrunner-Brushless-Motor-D-710.htm
40A controllers
3S 6000mah pack.
Durafly® ™ P-51 1100mm Propellers

Lets get some attention on this plane boys!!!!

gowen

It seems that the PDF to PNG converter that I like to use doesn't like the new FT plans

Have you tried inkscape? It worked for me.

I can't get the full-size image to upload, but here is a small sample.

ft boxcar_Plans-small.png

Inkscape can also convert the vector elements of a PDF files into DXF should you want to load them into a CAD program.

Attachments

• ft boxcar_Plans.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

DidierNeefe97

Digital Wolf
At school we are starting whit a RC plane build project and i decided to build the C119 we printed the plans and now we are cutting it out and tape the plans together like this: image.jpg next Friday we cut it into parts and cut the depron i do not really know how we gonna make it out of depron but we fight until he flies "D

gailenjensen

Twins Cargo

How much different is the Goose compared to Foam and Tapes Twin Cargo. Would like to make one with a Flite Test designed wing.

This is made with modified plans from Peter, flitetest style folds, and an Armin, Experimental Airlines, wing. Swappable pods, etc.

Attachments

• Twins Cargo.JPG
    Twins Cargo.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 34

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
This is made with modified plans from Peter, flitetest style folds, and an Armin, Experimental Airlines, wing. Swappable pods, etc.

Flite Test will be releasing SBK/Plans/Build Video for Peter's Cargo Twin soon.