Sharing my content from Flite Fest... Share yours!

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
I've got a ton of great footage from the event and wanted to share with everyone here. Unfortunately I didn't get everyone's names so I don't know who to credit with everything. If you see something you'd rather not share let me know and I'll remove it. If you see something you want credit for let me know and I'll tag you.

It will take me a while to get through everything, but I'd start with the noon demo and then start sharing medleys of lots of pilots and action.

I'm sure the Flite Test guys will have the real quality stuff up soon, but hopefully I caught some video of one of your birds in action! I'd love to see what others have too.

Last edited:

wilmracer

Mentor
BTW... I flew a few birds several times but didn't get any footage of them. If anyone has video or pictures of a 57" FMS P-51 Ferocious Frankie or a scratch-built Raptor with flames on the leading edges I'd love to get some. The normal Camera girl stayed at home for this trip...

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks for the videos as you had things that were not on the live stream.

wilmracer

Mentor
You're very welcome. I would like to have done a lot more video, but I just spent so much time in the air :cool: Over 30 flights on Friday and Saturday...

TTMR

A leaf on the wind
If anyone happened to catch the "stare down" between my micro mustang and the quad I'd love to see it!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
BTW... I flew a few birds several times but didn't get any footage of them. If anyone has video or pictures of a 57" FMS P-51 Ferocious Frankie or a scratch-built Raptor with flames on the leading edges I'd love to get some. The normal Camera girl stayed at home for this trip...

I got a pic of the scratch built Raptor with the flames. Here you go!!!

Flamed Raptor.jpg
If you want the full sized image let me know and we can figure out how to get it to you. It is a 6.6meg file.

Nice plane by the way!!!

Mike

flyranger

Here's a few of my pics. No videos, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 29

wilmracer

Mentor
Awesome! Thanks themajik1 for the shot and thanks to everyone else for sharing. Let's keep em' coming!

wilmracer

Mentor
That spot in Flite Fest Footage 2 where the Father and Son launch the Baby Blender says it all!!! That's what it's all about! Great Footage!

My thoughts exactly! I realized I should have got a lot more shots like that, because something like that was happening everywhere you turned. If anyone knows who those two were I'd be happy to get them the full-resolution version. It is actually a bit longer and includes more of the flight...

7AC

FPV Axon

Yes, that plane is kind of an enlarged version of the Experimental Airlines Axon. Just Google "Experimental Airlines" and Ed will give you the full details of how to build one from Dollar Tree foamboard.

Here is a quick build video of the version of Ed's Axon that I use for FPV

wilmracer

Mentor
That spot in Flite Fest Footage 2 where the Father and Son launch the Baby Blender says it all!!! That's what it's all about! Great Footage!

So... on a really freaky note...

I was flying with a few guys at our club field yesterday and it turns out the father and I are members of the same club! I'd never met him before and didn't realize it was the same guy until I was editing down some shots I got of his Dehavilland Beaver. What a coincidence!

Strix

So... on a really freaky note...

I was flying with a few guys at our club field yesterday and it turns out the father and I are members of the same club! I'd never met him before and didn't realize it was the same guy until I was editing down some shots I got of his Dehavilland Beaver. What a coincidence!

Oh wow! That's crazy. He (Scott) was my campsite neighbor at Flite Fest. It's a small world. :)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Speaking of small worlds... I had joined a local club (Charles River Radio Controllers) and while at FliteFest, noticed a guy with his son who looked a lot like the first guy I met at one of their flying fields during an open house. Sure enough, it was the same guy when I reintroduced myself. I suspect we'll reconnect at the club meeting next week...