200% Ft bronco!!!

OhioRcYT

The ft bronco is amazing but what if it was big!!!!
IMG_1593.jpeg
IMG_1594.jpeg
IMG_1579.jpeg

quorneng

Master member
All those steel washer at the nose yet the two big heavy batteries are placed close to the wing.
Do those washers represent the weight of FPV gear?

OhioRcYT

All those steel washer at the nose yet the two big heavy batteries are placed close to the wing.
Do those washers represent the weight of FPV gear?
This has a single rear motor and one batter the washers are to balance the plane

Foamforce

Here’s my guess…

Airframes are usually quite tail heavy before the electronics and battery are added. Those are usually added in the nose to balance it out. If you scale an airframe up, the overall weight of the airframe as well as the amount of tail imbalance increases, so a corresponding increase in the weight of the electronics would be needed to balance it out. If the weight of the electronics doesn't increase a corresponding amount, then additional nose weight would be needed.

It looks like if there was just a smidge more space in front of the wheel, that battery could be been located all the way at the front, and not need as much weight. On a plane that big, a few washers is probably hardly noticeable though.

How close is my guess?

OhioRcYT

Here’s my guess…

Airframes are usually quite tail heavy before the electronics and battery are added. Those are usually added in the nose to balance it out. If you scale an airframe up, the overall weight of the airframe as well as the amount of tail imbalance increases, so a corresponding increase in the weight of the electronics would be needed to balance it out. If the weight of the electronics doesn't increase a corresponding amount, then additional nose weight would be needed.

It looks like if there was just a smidge more space in front of the wheel, that battery could be been located all the way at the front, and not need as much weight. On a plane that big, a few washers is probably hardly noticeable though.

How close is my guess?
The tail surfaces were all doubled up and the motor was put in the rear so it needed some nose weight to counteract that and the plane still goes vertical so it’s fine and it’s got 9 washers that’s all and the battery alone isn’t heavy enough to balance it so now it’s balanced and can go vertical