80" Bonanza A36 (1/5 Scale)

Jonny Gum

Elite member
My most recent project has been adapting an old balsa design into foamboard, arrows, plywood, and balsa. It will use the FT Monster Radial Motor with a 16x8x3 prop (scale size), and will feature retracts, flaps, and scale lighting. I'm trying out a couple new construction techniques with this build to maximize strength and minimize weight. I'm always open to suggestions. The CAD drawing is nearly finished, still needs finishing of the fuselage and tail.

Attachments

• Autodesk AutoCAD 2023 - [Main v2.dwg] 4_12_2024 6_59_50 AM.png
    Autodesk AutoCAD 2023 - [Main v2.dwg] 4_12_2024 6_59_50 AM.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 0

Jonny Gum

Elite member
Nice, I'd love to get in a bonanza sometime soon. I use the educational license of AutoCAD, not sure what LT is.

Draftman1

Ah ok, LT is autocad LT, which stands for light. It’s 2 d only, unlike the full blown autocad which can do 3d.

I asked because are you going to build the model in 3d?

Jonny Gum

Elite member
My 3D cad skills are lacking so I always design in 2D and put it together in my head. I probably should just learn 3D.

Draftman1

I have been messing with sketchup to do 3d renderings of the homes I draw up, It’s probley not the best for modeling airplanes but there is an “unfold skin extension”

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
My most recent project has been adapting an old balsa design into foamboard, arrows, plywood, and balsa. It will use the FT Monster Radial Motor with a 16x8x3 prop (scale size), and will feature retracts, flaps, and scale lighting. I'm trying out a couple new construction techniques with this build to maximize strength and minimize weight. I'm always open to suggestions. The CAD drawing is nearly finished, still needs finishing of the fuselage and tail.
LMK when its done Gumby, Ill test it out to see how accurate everything is on my cnc.