All plane designs in one thread

Should there be a thread with all the designs from the forums and FliteTest in it?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Corsair714

Alright so another member said that it would be nice for all the plane designs and plans to be put into one thread. I think this is a great idea, has someone already done that? If not I could do my best to compile a list of all plane designs and the people who made them and put them all into one thread. Does anyone have objections to doing this? I believe it could really help some people out. Let me know what ya'll think. Also please participate in the poll. It will make it a lot easier to see wether or not you all are in favour of this idea.

Last edited:

Corsair714

Like if everything were to be put in one message at the top of a thread it would be a lot easier to find what you're looking for if you want to build something.

mastermalpass

Elite member
A design index is a great idea - anyone asks about any design in any thread: "Hey, the plan for it is #91 on the index, if you want one. :D "

Not sure how to lay out though. Ideally, if a lot of plans build up, it would be split by type: 'Biplanes, Warbirds, Parkjets, Twin-engine' etc...

Intashu

Elite member
Hey I mentioned this in a other thread!

It would be great to have a easy reference page where you could search for and vote on published plans. Much like when you search for "foamboard plane plans" online and can find other sites with long lists of designs.

There are so many great planes here on the forums but no really clean way to find them all. I only know of a few members with multiple designs and don't know where I would seek out the other content creators and planes easily.

Ill have to try the resources mentioned above when I'm not on mobile!

Corsair714

Hey I mentioned this in a other thread!

It would be great to have a easy reference page where you could search for and vote on published plans. Much like when you search for "foamboard plane plans" online and can find other sites with long lists of designs.

There are so many great planes here on the forums but no really clean way to find them all. I only know of a few members with multiple designs and don't know where I would seek out the other content creators and planes easily.

Ill have to try the resources mentioned above when I'm not on mobile!

Ya I meant you by the other forum member who mentioned doing that. If you want credit I can put your name up there ;) You made a good point and I just though I'd ask a few others if they thought it was a good idea. I wasn't trying to steal your idea, sorry if it came off that way.

Corsair714

i tried to start a thread like this a while ago. lasted a week or so maybe. Never really even got off the ground,, lol get it ?

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/a-place-to-post-plans-and-planes.60413/

This is sorta what I meant, although not to be rude or offensive, but it's a tad disorganized. I was thinking of putting everything in one post numbering each design and organizing it in a clean and consise way. Or mabye you did that and it's in a post further down? And I like your pun there lol

sundown57

Legendary member
No, i didn't do any of that. The only ones submitted are the ones you see in the thread. not much to organize. Maybe yours will take off. Hope so I would love to see all the plans out there in one place.